13 years 1 month ago #97755 by perceptive
:watching:

Feedback is welcome...

C:\fakepath\IMG_0675.gif

perceptive
Attachments:
13 years 1 month ago #97795 by dang
Hi Vinay,
I like the concept of the second shot, though I think it's difficult to tell the quality due to the file being a gif. When processing... I'd highly suggest converting to jpg format for posting online, since the color and smoothness would do more justice to your shots.
:cheers:

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: perceptive
13 years 1 month ago #98085 by perceptive
Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

perceptive
13 years 1 month ago #98155 by Shadowfixer1
The background is way too busy in the first image. The main subject is too far away and the hot spot draws your eye away from the subject. The eye will always be drawn to the brightest part of the image. Major cropping will help this image a lot. The colors are nice.

The concept of the second image is very nice. I feel it would be stronger with either the branches or the pipes, but not both. I like it now, but just feel that little change would make it better. I like the tone of this image a lot. Nicely done.
13 years 1 month ago #98375 by dang

perceptive wrote: Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

Hi Vinay,
There are lots of free photo editing software that allows you to re-size your shots. Be sure and "save as" a copy so you won't destroy your original files. Generally, for web, it's best to convert to sRGB for proper color space, at a size of 800 pixel wide in jpg... and bring the file size down to around 200kb for posting. Gif has an extremely limited color space and makes images look blotchy. If you can't find what you need using Google, email me and I'll find links to more information.

I also agree with Shadowfixer, isolating the primary subject by removing distractions when composing would help improve. Keep shooting, and have fun.

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

13 years 1 month ago #98389 by Rob pix4u2
good day Vinay- try PICASA 3 by google . it's a free software program that allows you to resize your pix in the EXPORT part of the editing program, very easy to use software. Hope this helps, Rob

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 1 month ago #98593 by perceptive
Thanks,I do have CS5, light room 3 and PS essentials 9 installed and am kinda working on the editing...

perceptive
13 years 1 month ago #98595 by perceptive

Rob pix4u2 wrote: good day Vinay- try PICASA 3 by google . it's a free software program that allows you to resize your pix in the EXPORT part of the editing program, very easy to use software. Hope this helps, Rob

Thanks Rob.I do have picassa... I'll check that up/..

perceptive
13 years 1 month ago #98653 by photobod

perceptive wrote: Thanks,I do have CS5, light room 3 and PS essentials 9 installed and am kinda working on the editing...

If you have CS5 you dont need a seperate resizer as there is one in the images drop down menu.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 1 month ago #98893 by Stealthy Ninja
I can't critique when you're looking at me like that. It creeps me out. :p
13 years 1 month ago #98899 by perceptive
:rolleyes

perceptive
13 years 1 month ago #98921 by Graflex 4x5

dang wrote:

perceptive wrote: Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

Hi Vinay,
There are lots of free photo editing software that allows you to re-size your shots. Be sure and "save as" a copy so you won't destroy your original files. Generally, for web, it's best to convert to sRGB for proper color space, at a size of 800 pixel wide in jpg... and bring the file size down to around 200kb for posting. Gif has an extremely limited color space and makes images look blotchy. If you can't find what you need using Google, email me and I'll find links to more information.

Also for web, you don't need much more then 72 DPI. You make these adjustments under Image; Image Size. You can also use the Save for Web and Devices (under File).

No matter how fast I go, there's always someone slower in front of me.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024