12 years 11 months ago #97755 by perceptive
:watching:

Feedback is welcome...

C:\fakepath\IMG_0675.gif

perceptive
Attachments:
12 years 11 months ago #97795 by dang
Hi Vinay,
I like the concept of the second shot, though I think it's difficult to tell the quality due to the file being a gif. When processing... I'd highly suggest converting to jpg format for posting online, since the color and smoothness would do more justice to your shots.
:cheers:

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: perceptive
12 years 11 months ago #98085 by perceptive
Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

perceptive
12 years 11 months ago #98155 by Shadowfixer1
The background is way too busy in the first image. The main subject is too far away and the hot spot draws your eye away from the subject. The eye will always be drawn to the brightest part of the image. Major cropping will help this image a lot. The colors are nice.

The concept of the second image is very nice. I feel it would be stronger with either the branches or the pipes, but not both. I like it now, but just feel that little change would make it better. I like the tone of this image a lot. Nicely done.
12 years 11 months ago #98375 by dang

perceptive wrote: Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

Hi Vinay,
There are lots of free photo editing software that allows you to re-size your shots. Be sure and "save as" a copy so you won't destroy your original files. Generally, for web, it's best to convert to sRGB for proper color space, at a size of 800 pixel wide in jpg... and bring the file size down to around 200kb for posting. Gif has an extremely limited color space and makes images look blotchy. If you can't find what you need using Google, email me and I'll find links to more information.

I also agree with Shadowfixer, isolating the primary subject by removing distractions when composing would help improve. Keep shooting, and have fun.

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

12 years 11 months ago #98389 by Rob pix4u2
good day Vinay- try PICASA 3 by google . it's a free software program that allows you to resize your pix in the EXPORT part of the editing program, very easy to use software. Hope this helps, Rob

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 11 months ago #98593 by perceptive
Thanks,I do have CS5, light room 3 and PS essentials 9 installed and am kinda working on the editing...

perceptive
12 years 11 months ago #98595 by perceptive

Rob pix4u2 wrote: good day Vinay- try PICASA 3 by google . it's a free software program that allows you to resize your pix in the EXPORT part of the editing program, very easy to use software. Hope this helps, Rob

Thanks Rob.I do have picassa... I'll check that up/..

perceptive
12 years 11 months ago #98653 by photobod

perceptive wrote: Thanks,I do have CS5, light room 3 and PS essentials 9 installed and am kinda working on the editing...

If you have CS5 you dont need a seperate resizer as there is one in the images drop down menu.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago #98893 by Stealthy Ninja
I can't critique when you're looking at me like that. It creeps me out. :p
12 years 11 months ago #98899 by perceptive
:rolleyes

perceptive
12 years 11 months ago #98921 by Graflex 4x5

dang wrote:

perceptive wrote: Well PT did not allow me to post any photo above two MB.The original size was about 4.3 MB

Hi Vinay,
There are lots of free photo editing software that allows you to re-size your shots. Be sure and "save as" a copy so you won't destroy your original files. Generally, for web, it's best to convert to sRGB for proper color space, at a size of 800 pixel wide in jpg... and bring the file size down to around 200kb for posting. Gif has an extremely limited color space and makes images look blotchy. If you can't find what you need using Google, email me and I'll find links to more information.

Also for web, you don't need much more then 72 DPI. You make these adjustments under Image; Image Size. You can also use the Save for Web and Devices (under File).

No matter how fast I go, there's always someone slower in front of me.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

What is aspect ratio, and what does it mean for the presentation of your images? Use this beginner photography guide to get all the details!

Jun 20, 2024

Lake photography is a fun type of landscape photography because of all the different compositional options you have. With these tips, get the best possible results!

Jun 19, 2024

The ideal portrait photography location is out there; it's a simple matter of finding it! Using this guide, you can discover the best places for outdoor portraits!

Jun 17, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Canon R8 is a budget-friendly full frame camera with high-end photo and video features. In other words, there are plenty of reasons to upgrade to an R8!

Jun 14, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024