Egrets from Gatorland Rookery

12 years 3 months ago #193945 by robbie

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #193946 by robbie

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #193979 by Shanna-Marie
Oh how Awesome......Dancing Egrets! And doing the dance as well, lol, Robbie, these are incredible! Fantastic shooting and beautiful work my friend, I love them! :woohoo:

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 3 months ago #194130 by bigbubbaG
SWEEEEEEETT!!! I really like the close up! :cheers:

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

12 years 3 months ago #194133 by john_m
Fantastic shot Robbie!!!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #194151 by Dori
:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: Stunning shots, Robbie!!!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #194184 by chasrich
OK... I need to know what is wrong with my egrets! I've been checking on them every other day and so far there is no nest building going on and for that matter most of the birds are still gone too. I might just have to bring some of my birds over to Gatorland so your birds can teach my birds how to shake a tail feather. I love the deep green you captured around the eyes. This seems to appear only during the spring. Well done Robbie! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 months ago #194191 by scifitographer
Great photos! #5 is gorgeous.

12 years 3 months ago #194200 by robbie
Thanks everyone for those awesome comments.There more to come!!!

12 years 3 months ago #194203 by robbie

chasrich wrote: OK... I need to know what is wrong with my egrets! I've been checking on them every other day and so far there is no nest building going on and for that matter most of the birds are still gone too. I might just have to bring some of my birds over to Gatorland so your birds can teach my birds how to shake a tail feather. I love the deep green you captured around the eyes. This seems to appear only during the spring. Well done Robbie! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Thanks Charles,I went to Alligator Farm today and there was no birds there!!!Only a few,man was I disappointed but I went to the beach and the Lighthouse to shoot.That ;Deep Great' around the eyes occurs during 'mating season'!!Going back to Gatorland on Friday,got an 'Annual Pass' for $39.Will be easier for me to visit than Alligator Farm.

12 years 3 months ago #194242 by chasrich
So these were from last year then?

So far this year I go out every few days and there is no much more than a few flocks of gulls and mudhens. I have seen two hawks this past week and of all things - a river otter. As soon as the fun starts I'll be posting whatever critters I come across.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 months ago #194247 by robbie

chasrich wrote: So these were from last year then?

So far this year I go out every few days and there is no much more than a few flocks of gulls and mudhens. I have seen two hawks this past week and of all things - a river otter. As soon as the fun starts I'll be posting whatever critters I come across.

No,these were from Gatorland on Tuesday but I went to Alligator Farm today,there were only a few birds there.A worker told me there was birds there five days ago!!!
There are birds at Gatorland with eggs in their nest and some were building nests.

12 years 3 months ago #194252 by chasrich
They have an early start. Do they stock the lakes/ponds with fish?

12 years 3 months ago #194254 by LauraD
:judge: Beautiful :judge:

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 3 months ago #194255 by robbie

chasrich wrote: They have an early start. Do they stock the lakes/ponds with fish?

I have no idea,sorry.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024