Newbie looking to learn!

9 years 3 months ago #189435 by GA Joe
Hello all,

Just been led to this forum as somewhere I can develop my photography and see some great shots (as well as chat with some people with interesting experiences). Loving what I have seen so far, some beautiful shots.

Although I started on 'proper' cameras with an old Olympus OM10 I was bought second hand to help with my geology fieldwork many years ago, I've only really been thinking of photography as a hobby for a couple of years. I had a second-hand EOS 10D then, and some cheap Sigma lenses (which does show on some of the photos). A great Christmas has brought me a much-needed upgrade, a 550D with some Canon lenses, and I am keen to take advantage!

My work occasionally gives me great opportunities, so maybe soon I can do justice to some of the subjects!

:beerbang:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #189477 by Denise Dale
Hi, I am GA Joe's wife:) I am a very new photographer with very little experience , however, I believe that my previous experience behind a TV Camera has helped to spot people's good angles. Looking forward to your comments.:cheer:

9 years 3 months ago #189579 by Stealthy Ninja
welcome

9 years 3 months ago #189653 by photobod
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan To you both :welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

9 years 3 months ago #189669 by TheNissanMan
Welcome to the mad house :) :)

9 years 3 months ago #189704 by Bobby
:welcomeclan This is a great place to learn. Feel free to ask questions.

9 years 3 months ago #189812 by Dori
Welcome to you both!!! :welcomeclan :welcomeclan :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

9 years 3 months ago #189876 by GA Joe
Thanks all for the kind welcome!

:cheers:

9 years 3 months ago #189887 by orion
:welcomeclan fellow Brits

9 years 3 months ago #189888 by Dori
Uh Oh... THE BRITISH ARE COMING!! :P

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

9 years 3 months ago #190077 by PSmitch0012
:welcomeclan Post photos in the display section and if you want a critique just ask. :)

9 years 3 months ago #190128 by Rascal07
Welcome we all be :watching: for both of y'all s photos.
You will like it here. :welcomeclan

9 years 3 months ago #190267 by Stealthy Ninja

TheNissanMan wrote: Welcome to the mad house :) :)

I just watched shutter island... this forum is kinda like that... just not so boring. :whistle:

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic S1H is a video-first mirrorless camera that debuted in 2020. Learn all about its specs, features, price, and more in this comprehensive review.

Apr 21, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

When printing your photos, you might consider one of these beautiful metal print options to make your image that much more impressive.

Apr 21, 2021

The Panasonic S1H is a video-first mirrorless camera that debuted in 2020. Learn all about its specs, features, price, and more in this comprehensive review.

Apr 21, 2021

If you're like me, you have tons of old photos you need to sort through. This means you'll need to restore faded photos, cull bad photos, and backup digital files.

Apr 20, 2021

There are many ways to upgrade your camera - but typically they come at a cost. Try these budget-friendly photography accessories instead.

Apr 20, 2021

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021