Selling stock footage... which site?

11 years 7 months ago #251083 by dr_skn08
Hello friends,
I have been selling/licensing my photographs in stock sites. I prefer alamy and similar sites. I want to sell my footage also. Can you suggest me appropriate site to sell my footage (RF and RM) other than Pond5. i did not want to start my video sales with micro like i did with images but as i have no other options i have submitted few files in p5 and SS.
So please suggest me for other video selling stock sites...!
Thank you.
11 years 7 months ago #251193 by steveheap
I don't know why you are against Pond5 - that seems to be about the best of the video sites. You set your own price and you get 50% of the selling price - I have most of mine set at $50 or $60 per clip and sell reasonably regularly. Next in terms of sales for me is Shutterstock, where they tend to earn about $20, and iStock is another potential one. I have given up on that - it was too much hard work to get them on the site. Alamy have started offering video clips, but they are being very restrictive in who they invite to upload. Not sure of their ground rules, but it didn't include me!

If you are interested, I found a great resource for people getting into Video stock (its a bit of an esoteric area) - and reviewed it on my blog. Earn money from video clips . May be of help.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: dr_skn08
11 years 7 months ago #251210 by dr_skn08
Thanks for the link steve. No i am not against P5.. infact i like them. i am just saying that as they have been involved in images also, they are taking long time to review files. Though on request they reviewed all of my pending files and thats good. Strange that SS reviewed my files soon after upload and accepted all but i am afraid of their subs system, and i have seen that they earn very low (sell much more as expected) than alamy and expecting the same from my video as well.
Just wanted to know if there is some site similar (in price and support ) to alamy who can sell my RM (and rf) images....

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024