USA roadtrip this summer : ) Read please

5 years 11 months ago #583794 by DestinationRoamerOnIG
Hi all, I am new here. I am an Instagram photographer. This summer I plan on doing a roadtrip. The highlight is going to be visits to National Parks in UT and AZ. Might also make my way to New Orleans, Chicago, and a bunch of other places. I would love to get some tips regarding the layout of my trip. If someone here lives in UT or AZ or has been there a few times, could I ring you up to talk briefly and get some pointers? I have Whatsapp... would be so very kind. I also hope to linknup with other photographers either to shoot together or model. Third, if someone has a spare guest room I can sell my photoskills for a bed. Lol Even photographers might want their picture taken ;)

Best regards,
Amanda a.k.a DestinationRoamer on Instagram

PS: Please check me out and feel free to comment on my work.

Attachment not found

Photo Comments
5 years 11 months ago #583836 by DestinationRoamerOnIG
Anyone else doing a roadtrip this summer? I am free July 1-23 and haven't made up my mind where to roam after CA, UT and AZ. Would love to join a photographer's roadtrip.

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #584250 by Elle Sterling
Nice to welcome you here!

5 years 10 months ago #584577 by Kim Chui
Welcome! Warmest welcome! 

5 years 10 months ago #584810 by icepics
Maybe try AAA; they used to sell guide books and do Triptiks (were free for members but I don't know offhand what they offer currently). Or try state parks that offer camping/cabins/lodge rooms etc. Find places where there will be other travelers.

Try finding photo walks or camera clubs, etc. You mentioned New Orleans; there's a New Orleans Photo Alliance that has a couple of exhibits this summer. Try looking up art centers and local art organizations in areas where you might be traveling to see if they have any events coming up.

I'd suggest keeping safety in mind when posting online, especially about traveling alone. I doubt you'd have a problem on websites like this but I'd be aware of where and what you post in case your info. might get shared. I might rethink using that avatar other than for personal use and think about how you're presenting yourself so you can connect with photographers. It might be good to get familiar ahead of time with anyplace you plan to visit so you know where you're going and can keep yourself safe.

Sharon
Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #585575 by Sean Robertson
:welcomeclan

5 years 10 months ago #587976 by Michael Blake
Hello! Welcome! 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024