The experience is of shooting wildlife is the best part.

5 months 1 week ago #658333 by trsmith
I took this shoot in one of the remote areas of Guatemala called the Mirador Basin. I was in a tree next to a watering hole miles away from the main camp. They are called the White Lipped Peccary and are consider dangerous. They are known to kill jaguar defending themselves.  
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Queenofwinter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 week ago #658340 by Patrick G
Seriously?  How big are these things?  It's kind of hard to tell with the photo.  

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #658391 by KENT MELTON
Can't the Jaguars out run these pigs?

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #658437 by trsmith
These guys as adults are about 3 and half feet long and 24 -36 inches high. The first group that came through when I was in the tree circled my tree since they could still smell me and then started making rattling sounds as a warning to not mess with them. I was pretty high in the tree in the beginning since jaguars climb trees but when I took these pictures I was on the lowest branch and could almost reach down and scratch their backs. I had tied myself to the tree, since if I had fallen out they would of gnawed my left off.

5 months 1 week ago #658438 by trsmith
It's not that, it's when jaguars are trying to take one down and if they do not pounce on top and crush their scull in one motion then the peccary will swing around and disembowel the jaguar.

5 months 1 week ago #658440 by trsmith
I do not have a picture of a jaguar attacking a peccary, here is one of an unlucky dog and what the jaguar will do. these shots on not in the proper order.

5 months 1 week ago #658497 by Steve Rodriguez
Really cool! Welcome to the site! 

5 months 3 days ago #659084 by Adam Wilson
Sad but really cool shot! welcome to the site! 

5 months 1 day ago #659398 by Bobby Mitchell
Yeah! It is really cool! Welcome to the site. You may post your shots in Wildlife Forum.

4 months 2 weeks ago #660668 by trsmith
Thanks for the warm welcome and I will take your advice and post in the wildlife forum. I have a lot of footage from our camera traps of all kinds of wildlife. The Mirador Basin is in Northern Guatemala contains one of the largest tracts of virgin rainforest left in Central America.

4 months 2 weeks ago #660774 by Kyle Johnson
Wow! it would be great! Welcome to the site! 

4 months 2 weeks ago #660822 by michaelsmith
I swear! I think its the best feeling ever. There is this adrenaline spike plus satisfaction that you get in wildlife photography.:thumbsup:

4 months 2 weeks ago #660907 by Stephen Graham
Wow! it must be amazing! Share us your photos. It would be awesome. 

4 months 1 day ago #662873 by Queenofwinter
Very dangerous and awesome shooting! Thank you for sharing. :-)

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In many situations, a small travel tripod just doesn't give you the stability you need for your camera and accessories. But Octopad is a fantastic tripod alternative that offers top-notch support without taking up a ton of space.

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

The GoPro MAX is a fun 360-degree camera, but getting the best photos and videos with it requires that you learn a few tips. Get some insider tips in this quick tutorial!

Feb 14, 2020