New to Site - Wildlife & Nature Photographer

13 years 5 months ago #6451 by BayouBelle
Hi everyone... I'm new to this site, but not photography. I'm a wildlife and nature photographer down south Louisiana...in the heart of the oil disaster! I've covered what I could during the last six months and continue to seek, find, document and report oiled wildlife, beached boom and oil pockets/sheen on the water. I started a pic-a-day series at the beginning of 2010 not knowing the oil disaster would happen and it turned out to be a good thing to share photographs of what I was seeing daily out there. Unfortunately, oil is still popping up in places and on the marsh grasses and affecting wildlife. I'm sure it will for some time to come. Eating seafood is out for me for a very long time and I love seafood... :( :angry: :ohmy: It's turned my world upside down! :silly:

You can see my work at www.bayoubellephotography.com or find me on facebook under Bayou Belle Photography.

I'm looking forward to discussions on different topics related to photography and all the ins and outs of it.

First question - Has anyone heard of any new bodies coming out by Nikon soon? D500 maybe?

Great to meet everyone!

~Darlene~
Bayou Belle Photography

Attachments:
13 years 5 months ago #6459 by Monster
Love the photo! Great to have you here.

Photo Comments
13 years 5 months ago #6558 by BayouBelle
Thanks Monster! Looking forward to reading and learning more about the field we're so passionate about!

13 years 5 months ago #6598 by Clark Elliott Photography
Nice pic, welcome aboard, it can be kind of hard getting the "blue ones" to set still, they always seem to have their wings up when they land.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BayouBelle
13 years 5 months ago #6601 by Soldier Boy
Welcome here! I agree, great photo

13 years 5 months ago #6602 by bhowdy
Welcome to the forums Belle. I am also an avid Wildlife and Nature photographer. I say the more the merrier!

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 5 months ago #6619 by NikkiG
Beautiful photo and welcome here!

Nikki

13 years 5 months ago #6658 by The Original Daisy
Very nice to meet you

13 years 5 months ago #6666 by BayouBelle
Nice to meet you also!

13 years 5 months ago #6677 by Foxy Girl
Hello and welcome!

Photo Comments
13 years 5 months ago #6680 by Weston
Welcome here :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024