How much is a used Nikon D70 worth?

12 years 2 months ago #200901 by Martha
Making some upgrades and would like to sell my D70 to trade up :banana:

Can you help me with the value of the D70 and how much I should ask for it?

D7000 here I come :banana:

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #200905 by Powell Pink
I think maybe around $200. Not much at all.

12 years 2 months ago #200912 by Martha
$200? That's it? Geezzz I'm almost tempted to just keep it and have as a back up camera. :huh:

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #200940 by geoffellis
Ya id say 200-300 max... Hell, I see used D80`s selling for less than 350$ - D90`s are already getting as low as 500$ if your lucky.

Not to mention D70 is a at least 8 years old now. The newer ones are getting cheaper... so that really pushes down the prices of used and older models. They just dont hold value.
12 years 2 months ago #200946 by geoffellis
As a side note.. its not just cameras... its technology in general. I bought a laptop in 2007 for almost 3000$ On boxing day just over a year ago... I paid 350$ for a brand new laptop that had better specs. Faster processor, a lot more memory, and a bigger hard drive. - Its like WTF haha - and that was only a 4 year difference ;)
12 years 2 months ago #200948 by Darrell
When I got my D7000 I kept my D70, it is my back up and works excellent, and actually when I took it to the shop fr cleaning the guy told me that was his camera of choice for portrats ( because of electronic shutter), D70 is the only Nikon camera not limited to 1/250 sec ( or abouts) for using flash

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 2 months ago #200969 by effron
Keep it, and have it IR converted........,;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #200999 by Meskill
Check with KEH, you might be able to trade it in

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #204674 by Screamin Scott
Trade in allowances are even less than what you would get selling it outright. The dealers have to make a buck on it as well & thus are not going to give you much for it.....I'd just keep it as a backup/2nd camera....

Meskill wrote: Check with KEH, you might be able to trade it in

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #204708 by djohnson45
Put a kit lens on it and donate to a high school yearbook. They always need cameras. I have a D70 and a D200 on semi-permanent loan to the local high school. They used them and their book has improved dramatically since they have been using them.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024