Nikon Camera Review: Nikon D600 DSLR Camera Review

11 years 6 months ago #254367 by PhotographyTalk
The folks with "DigitalRev" bring to you a hands on review of of Nikon's latest full frame camera the D600. A camera the size of a D7000 yet being full frame, priced about a grand less than the D800. Check out how this camera performs.

See the camera, specs and photos taken with it HERE ON AMAZON .

Or compare price of the Nikon D600 on Adorama HERE .

The following user(s) said Thank You: effron, rmweill
11 years 6 months ago #254456 by Joves
As usual a very entertaining review.

11 years 6 months ago #254480 by effron
Tempting. Looks to be another Nikon winner. After a slow digital start, they have hit the ball out of the park the last few years. I will probably get the D800 after the first of the year, though..... :unsure:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #254495 by EOS Man
D800 is tempting even for a Canon guy, but now there are talks that Canon has a secret weapon in the works 46MP :evil:

That is all in rumorville, so we'll see what is actually released.

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #254513 by Stealthy Ninja

EOS Man wrote: D800 is tempting even for a Canon guy, but now there are talks that Canon has a secret weapon in the works 46MP :evil:

That is all in rumorville, so we'll see what is actually released.

46MP will be hard for Canon to control. They have trouble controlling 22MP. :banana:
11 years 6 months ago #254514 by Stealthy Ninja
OK I'll watch this and make comments as I watch (as is my habit) I've tried this is real life so I can see if I agree or not.

One thing... what's up with Kai's voice lately? He sounds like he's trying to put on a funny voice.

Lighter... yes. Comes at an ergonomic price. Alright if you like that sorta thing. I have no problem with plastic though. Kai must have smaller hands than me.

2 SD card slots is actually good. I'd prefer that to SD/CF that the D800 has (personally speaking)

He says the back is similar to the D800. True, but the D-pad on the back is a LOT smaller and doesn't feel great IMHO.

Agree with the mode dial comment.

Yep agree with his comments about it picking up bad things from he D7000.

Viewfinder he finds good because of the 100% viewfinder. Whereas I find the viewfinder the WORST part of the D600, because the AF area is so freakin' small. So what if it's 100%. If I can only focus in the middle.

Burst rate is a good point... but again, the AF area is only in the middle!

Ah now he's mentioning the "problem" YEP all 39 concentrated in the center. Not 'slightly better" with the D800 though. It's VERY noticeable when coming from one to the other. He's just trying to make the D600 look good here.

The D600 seems nice for people who don't care about AF spread.

Video seems good though... good to know.

High ISO up to 6400 should be fine same as the D800.

AF speed like D7000... meh.

Agree it's value is very good. I just can't get over the AF spread.... I have trouble enough hitting the edge of the D800 AF area...

D600 isn't selling much in HK to be honest. I see them everywhere.

I guess everyone has already got a D800 ;) They sold out for quite a while.

If I didn't have a D800 and a D800e I'd totally consider this cam.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024