Upgrade from GH4 to GH5, is it worth it?

1 month 1 week ago #661368 by FelixLuchinsky
I am thinking to upgrade my camera Panasonic GH4, there is a price drop on Panasonic GH5. It is currently on sale for $ 1398 body only

I am wondering if anyone here did switch from GH4 to GH5, is it still worth getting in 2019?
Thanks for your feedback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #661372 by FelixLuchinsky
Link removed: Spam

1 month 1 week ago #661521 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Felix

Upgrades are nearly always incremental movements and as such, from one year to the next year may not be all that great ~ but after 3 to 5 years, the difference is then probably worth it. It also comes down to your needs versus your wants stemming from the advertiser's brochures, along with your budget

While this might not be the answer you were looking for, it's the best I can offer at the moment :)

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 month 1 week ago #661523 by Chester Foster
I own a GH5 and wouldn't consider another camera.  Love this camera and highly recommend it.  

1 month 4 days ago #662191 by garyrhook
What problem are you trying to solve, or what use case requires different equipment? If you can't identify a need other than, "because i want it," then you probably don't need it. Sounds to be like you aren't even sure what a GH5 offers (other than it's one more...)

That said, if you have the money and want it, then buy it. Stop over-thinking it.

Photo Comments

3 weeks 1 day ago #663666 by Chester Foster
+1 I was thinking the same thing.  

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

In this Nikon D3500 review, learn all about this camera's features, specs, and capabilities, as well as details about compatible lenses, the camera's pros and cons, and its price.

Nov 06, 2019

In this Panasonic G9 review, we take a look at its essential features, its build quality, compatible lenses, and other crucial details to help you decide if this is the camera for you.

Nov 04, 2019

In this Canon EOS 7D Mark II review, we outline the pros and cons of this camera and identify whether it's still a good buy in 2019.

Oct 25, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Winter photography can be a challenge for sure. But with these tips for winter photography, you can prepare yourself (and your gear) to get the best shots.

Nov 13, 2019

One of the critical aspects of creating awesome vlogs is having footage that's stabilized. With these methods for how to stabilize a camera, you'll have plenty of options for smooth video.

Nov 13, 2019

Photo by Cristian Grecu on Unsplash A Chinese university student tumbled off of one of China's largest mountains to her in death...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Karina on Unsplash Who among us doesn't have the intrinsically human desire to get absolutely smashed, incredibly naked...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Tim Bennett on Unsplash In a year of continuously bad news for Facebook, it turns out the iOS Facebook app has been...

Nov 12, 2019

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

The new Panasonic Lumix S Pro lenses have been announced, and they have some impressive specs. But will they be worth the huge price tags?

Nov 12, 2019

nikon d5100, nikon d5100 review, nikon d5100 specs, nikon d5100 price, nikon d5100 features, used nikon d5100

Nov 12, 2019