Upgrade from GH4 to GH5, is it worth it?

4 months 2 weeks ago #661368 by FelixLuchinsky
I am thinking to upgrade my camera Panasonic GH4, there is a price drop on Panasonic GH5. It is currently on sale for $ 1398 body only

I am wondering if anyone here did switch from GH4 to GH5, is it still worth getting in 2019?
Thanks for your feedback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 1 week ago #661372 by FelixLuchinsky
Link removed: Spam

4 months 1 week ago #661521 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Felix

Upgrades are nearly always incremental movements and as such, from one year to the next year may not be all that great ~ but after 3 to 5 years, the difference is then probably worth it. It also comes down to your needs versus your wants stemming from the advertiser's brochures, along with your budget

While this might not be the answer you were looking for, it's the best I can offer at the moment :)

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 months 1 week ago #661523 by Chester Foster
I own a GH5 and wouldn't consider another camera.  Love this camera and highly recommend it.  

4 months 1 week ago #662191 by garyrhook
What problem are you trying to solve, or what use case requires different equipment? If you can't identify a need other than, "because i want it," then you probably don't need it. Sounds to be like you aren't even sure what a GH5 offers (other than it's one more...)

That said, if you have the money and want it, then buy it. Stop over-thinking it.

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago #663666 by Chester Foster
+1 I was thinking the same thing.  

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In many situations, a small travel tripod just doesn't give you the stability you need for your camera and accessories. But Octopad is a fantastic tripod alternative that offers top-notch support without taking up a ton of space.

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

The GoPro MAX is a fun 360-degree camera, but getting the best photos and videos with it requires that you learn a few tips. Get some insider tips in this quick tutorial!

Feb 14, 2020