Panasonic FZ45 problems with exposure

1 year 2 months ago #715235 by Primrose-Hill
Hello,

I am new to this forum and a very amateur photographer.

I have a Panasonic FZ45 which I have had for several years.  I usually take photos using IA or P but the photos have been overexposed and the colour when using P has a blue tint.  I have to correct them on my PC

I have altered the White Balance to AWB, but also it is now bracketing (a term I just learned) when using P.

Can enyone please help me?

Thank you very much

Prim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #715257 by Shadowfixer1
Try to do a factory reset of he camera to clear out any unwanted settings that may have been accidently set. 

1 year 2 months ago #715281 by Primrose-Hill
Hi there

Thank you for your reply.

I will try and see how I get on.

1 year 2 months ago #715388 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Prim

As a newbie here, WELCOME to the PT group of keen photographers - there's plenty of knowledge and skills on board here. And as a fellow Panny user - your FZ is an excellent choice to have with you :)

Okay- to your camera's "mis-behaviour"
Using "P" is excellent - far better than iA because you can -both- shoot it as an auto if you want, -and- adjust things from time to time if you want.

Coming back to your Qs ...
On the back of the camera you have the Cursor Panel of 4 things with OK in the middle, and the adjuster dial at the top-rght, sort of where your thumb sits when taking photos.

The 4-way Cursor Panel covers (top) adding or removing exposure to over-ride the camera if needed, then (right) to alter the ISO sensitivity (if needed but there are options); then (down) to set up our special shortcut / function for something you muck around with and (left) to set the self-timer for taking pics with the camera on a tripod or so that you can run like mad and get into the picture as well!

The adjuster dial (top right) does 2 things - you rotate it left-right to change setting if ever needed, -or- you press in to 'click' it and it alters the scene brightness. (More on this another time maybe)

ps- if you haven't already got a copy of the User Manual - talk to Dr Google and "Download User Manual Panasonic FZ-45" and download a free copy of the instructions. I do this with every FZ I have and get the local print-shop to put it into an A5-sized booklet for ready reference whenever I have a puzzle to sort out

also- if you want to chat off-line any time, email me at "Phil Jones"<[email protected]> ... many other Panny users do and you are open to joining them if you wish

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 year 2 months ago #715408 by Primrose-Hill
Hi Phil

Thank you for your very informative reply.

I do have a user manual, but ................  

I must prefer taking to a user who can explain in layman's terms.

I have just joined a Photographers club and this has given me plenty to work on.

Thanks again.

Best wishes

Prim

1 year 2 months ago #715456 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Prim

Well done - it's always best to sit with someone and be able to point to which bits you're referring to. We do the same in the camera club where I am a member too
Phil

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Latest Articles

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022

In this Leica QP review, learn about this capable camaera's specs, features, pros, cons, and more, so you can decide if it's the right camera for you.

Jun 15, 2022

When you travel with your camera, it's nice to have one lens for travel photography. Which lens should you get? And what accessories should go with it? Find out in this guide!

Jun 15, 2022

A lens bag is a convenient way to carry your gear on active photoshoots. A leather lens bag is even better due to its durability!

Jun 13, 2022

Whether you're an amateur or a professional photographer, there are plenty of ways to use custom artwork to display your photos.

Jun 13, 2022

If you're in the market for a new-to-you Nikon camera, one of the first steps is to check the Nikon DSLR camera price to compare models.

Jun 13, 2022