Panasonic FZ45 Clear menu info ?

1 month 3 weeks ago #716082 by Barwen18
Hi,

I;m hoping someone will be able to help with what is probably a very easy task to you but impossible for me, or it is just not possible!

I have just about mastered most things on my Lumix FZ45 but I am unable to locate in the menu site how I can remove all or almost all the info which shows up in the view finder and the LCD. 
Although I have managed to remove some of the info which appears in all settings. My whole view finder and LCD is surrounded by things that are simply in the way when looking at my subject.
Please say there is a way to clear these away. I am happy with the battery icon and the number of shots left plus the histogram if I choose to set it but the rest is just not useful and is simply spoiling the view.

I hope some one can help.

Regards, Barry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 15 hours ago #717768 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Barry

Just spotted this thread (Fri 21/5, 0830)
I will chase up an answer later today

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 month 14 hours ago #717772 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Barry

From the User Manual I note several things that might help

1)- User Manual - page-8 shows various knobs and buttons - incl the Display button

2)- User Manual - page 62 outlines operation of the Display button

It allows you to press and cycle thru 4 options
a) "normal" display - shows various bits around the perimeter of the screen
b) "no display" - lets you concentrate on everything
c) a 'rule-of-thirds' display
d) a reduced image size screen but using the RHS to display visual data

In image-playback mode, the same Display button will display exposure imformation as well as the image itself

3)- if your camera has somehow acquired more icons than shown in the sketch in the User Manual, you might need to do a complete Factory Reset - from the Setup Menu

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this FujiFilm X70 review, we'll look at the specs and features, pros and cons, pricing, and more of this compact, well-equipped camera.

Jun 14, 2021

The Nikon D700 is pretty long in the tooth now, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't offer great specs and features for some photographers in 2021.

Jun 14, 2021

The Canon EOS M6 is four years old and has since been replaced with the M6 Mark II. But it's still a solid camera, particularly for beginners and vloggers.

Jun 08, 2021

The Canon EOS 60D is more than a decade old, but it still has plenty of punch left that makes it a solid and inexpensive camera for today's photographers.

Jun 07, 2021

Latest Articles

Gimbals are easy enough to operate, but that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of gimbal mistakes to be made. Learn some tips and techniques to minimize those mistakes in this guide.

Jun 17, 2021

With these photography business ideas, you'll learn new ways that you can attract new clients and generate additional income.

Jun 17, 2021

If you're an avid wildlife or sports photographer, the Explorer Lens Quiver from Holdfast Gear might be the perfect bag for you.

Jun 17, 2021

There's a lot of photography gear you might invest in, some of which might initially be overlooked. Find some "hidden" gems in this list of must-have gear.

Jun 15, 2021

Use these simple photography business tips to improve your interactions with your clients and win their ongoing business.

Jun 15, 2021

In this FujiFilm X70 review, we'll look at the specs and features, pros and cons, pricing, and more of this compact, well-equipped camera.

Jun 14, 2021

Photo restoration serves a very important purpose in allowing us to preserve memories of days gone by - but that's just one reason why restoration is critical.

Jun 14, 2021

The Nikon D700 is pretty long in the tooth now, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't offer great specs and features for some photographers in 2021.

Jun 14, 2021