My First Pics

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #154642 by jfoxdrake
These are my first pictures with a DSLR... please comment.

Thanks!

Janean
12 years 6 months ago #154645 by robbie
Some very nice shots ofcourse the beautiful model helps.Next time hit the 'Insert' so that the image will be in the message box......:welcomeclan

The following user(s) said Thank You: jfoxdrake
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #154778 by icepics
If you're new at this you're getting nice color and the images are sharp (the last one is the only one that could be a bit sharper but that's probably because he was walking toward you).

The first one could be shot a little tighter (closer to the subject so there's less background - that can bring the viewer's attention to the subject). Same thing for the one where she's climbing - it's a good photo, if you crop the background to the left that might work. It helps to notice the background too, sometimes moving a little can give you a different vantage point and a little different view.

Your photos are good enough that you might try a little cropping or editing and that would be enough to give you some really nice natural portraits.You seem to have a knack for that. The one where she's doing a somersault might work better next time to hold the camera vertically to help you get all of her hands and feet in the image.

If you're doing this well and you're new at it, I imagine you'd be able to be successful.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #154780 by jfoxdrake
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the feedback. Here are some new pics I took yesterday and today... still learning my camera!

Janean
12 years 6 months ago #154813 by rmeyer7
For being new at this and just learning your camera, you're posting some very impressive shots!
:judge:

Another great thing to try with your portraits is shooting at different times of the day. Bright sunlight is actually the hardest time of the day to get your portraits to come out looking even - instead of parts being too bright or too shadowy. Although you've done really well shooting in that tough condition. But if you shoot some close to sunset, you'll have beautiful golden light on your subjects that will really complement the good eye you already seem to have.

12 years 6 months ago #154816 by chasrich
:judge: :agree: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago #154935 by Robynaudrey
:agree: Some really lovely images here. Nice work.

12 years 6 months ago #154968 by butterflygirl921
The first set i like except for the last one it looks likea painted picture. the second set getting better but the first few his face is really dark

12 years 6 months ago #154970 by butterflygirl921
Also play aroundd with points of view

12 years 6 months ago #154972 by photobod
These are you first photos !!!! wow, you are doing well with color and exposure, a few tips try not to cut hands off at the wrists or elbows also feet at the ankles or knees, if you want to go in close then get even closer, watch out for things growing out of heads especialy boats, iether change your angle or open aperture wider so they are out of focus more, most of all keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #155764 by proverbs3photos
wow for your first attempts with an SLR these are awesome pictures!! Keep it up and I'm sure you will be amazed just how far your camera can take you! :)

12 years 6 months ago #156461 by icepics
That last photo with the palm trees is a lovely scene. If you just cropped it some where it looks like there's a railing? or a road? (too dark to tell) across the bottom, then it would be a really nice photo - I like the full moon between the trees.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #157811 by Lopezjose7
lovely set of images you've taken, keep up the good work.

The one of the young boy running is very odd though, is that the actual image or was it played about with in photo editing suite? <-- Please dont take that comment in the wrong way though!

:thumbsup:

www.Lopez-photography.com

Like my FB page -http://www.facebook.com/pages/L%C3%B3pez-photography/106107092833908
or add me Lopezjose7

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024