C&C on this photo and the editing please

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #193559 by john_m
Just wanting some input on my edit on this one. Im hoping to be improving haha. oh and on the photo as well. Thanks all!!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #193570 by chasrich
:judge: :judge: :thumbsup: I like it...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 months ago #193579 by Rob pix4u2
Good pic, nice composition

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 3 months ago #193582 by Darrell
Very clear and focused shot, I would like to see the eyes.

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 3 months ago #193584 by john_m
Thanks everyone. It's soooo hard to shoot my son at the park lol. He wants absolutely nothing to do with the camera at that point haha.
Darrell, I agree 100% with you. It's next to impossible to use a flash on him since he wears glasses. I had to edit out the flash off the lenses already and if I ask him to take them off, he can't see damnit (well not to that extreme, but you get the picture) lol.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #193697 by RogerS
There are two ways to keep the reflection out of the glasses. One is to use a polarizer, and the other is an external flash off to the side. However, he has his eyes turned downward, or so it appears. I have a question about the editing, though. It looks oversaturated. Is this the natural colour of the play set?

12 years 3 months ago #193712 by Shadowfixer1
The image suffers from the same mistake most people make in my opinion. GET CLOSER!! Most folks generally include too much in an image. Lots of stuff included that doesn't add anything to the image. It's a nice snapshot, but that's what it is, a snapshot. Just my opinion and that doesn't make it right or wrong. If you like it, then that's all that matters.
12 years 3 months ago #193739 by john_m

RogerS wrote: There are two ways to keep the reflection out of the glasses. One is to use a polarizer, and the other is an external flash off to the side. However, he has his eyes turned downward, or so it appears. I have a question about the editing, though. It looks oversaturated. Is this the natural colour of the play set?

Yeah Roger, a CP is the next on the list and yes that is the natural color of the playset.

Nikon D200

12 years 3 months ago #193741 by john_m

Shadowfixer1 wrote: The image suffers from the same mistake most people make in my opinion. GET CLOSER!! Most folks generally include too much in an image. Lots of stuff included that doesn't add anything to the image. It's a nice snapshot, but that's what it is, a snapshot. Just my opinion and that doesn't make it right or wrong. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

Yes, I agree with ya. This was just a "trying to learn how to shoot with my SB600" outting.

Nikon D200

12 years 3 months ago #193746 by sleeper54
I am missing his hands or his arms ...something to define the amorphous red/black of his coat/jacket.

'Moving in' would help with that as well.

As Sf1 said . . .if you like it, good enough.

...tom...

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #193784 by icepics
That playground equipment actually frames him nicely, as mentioned it might be nice with a little less of that showing. What about trying some 'action' shots of him playing, that might be more fun than him stopping to pose and could give you some nice natural portraits of him.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #193789 by john_m
Thankyou Tom and Sharon. Here are the rest of the photos from that day as well.
www.photographytalk.com/forum/people-pho...t-the-park--one-more

Nikon D200

12 years 3 months ago #193790 by photobod
I like it, it is well exposed and well composed, you have a very slight tilt to your left that is quite common in photography and we all seem to let some through without straightening them, but very well done.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 months ago #193812 by john_m
Thank you buddy

Nikon D200

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024