Golden Light Attempts

10 years 9 months ago #289609 by Leilanee
Some more from my shoot with Jennifer, tried out some golden light :)

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #289610 by Stealthy Ninja
Yeh these are good. Only one that maybe needs a little framing adjustment is the third one...or it could be her pose. Dunno but there's something about it that looks odd.

Yeh strike that... second viewing it's fine.
10 years 9 months ago #289614 by garyrhook
1) I find there to be too much sun, which obscures her face. This is where fill flash would come in handy, even in PP. Also, there's a tree trunk growing out of her head.

2) Position of the sun is good, and the model. I like the colors, but don't care for all that stuff on the left.

3) Again, sun: yes. Building: no. Crop: maybe not so much.

4) I like the idea in this one, but I find the sun too distracting.

5) Really like the light, color, pose. Would rather have less space on the left, but that's just me.

6) Same as 5, except for that building in the background.

Overall, she's sharp (and pretty) and you did a great job of capturing the detail in the hat, leaving the only blowouts in the sky (which is just fine). Overall, :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilanee
10 years 9 months ago #289625 by rmeyer7
I don't mind the amount of sunlight in #1, seems like this is the look you were going for.

#2, the only thing I don't like is that she looks a little less comfortable or unsure in this one. The look on her face almost seems as if she's looking at you to ask, "Is this the pose you're looking for?" That might just be me. I really like the way you did the shot though. Even if I wasn't sure about the facial expression, if I took this shot I'd be very happy with it.

In #3 and #6, I find the buildings a little distracting. For the building in #6 it's not so much that there's a building there, but the hard lines of it against the sky that make it distracting for me. #3 I might also play around with different cropping.

In #4 the sun might be just a tad overpowering.

I absolutely love the light and exposure in #5 and #6, my two favorites of the series.

10 years 9 months ago #289630 by John Landolfi

rmeyer7 wrote: I don't mind the amount of sunlight in #1, seems like this is the look you were going for.

#2, the only thing I don't like is that she looks a little less comfortable or unsure in this one. The look on her face almost seems as if she's looking at you to ask, "Is this the pose you're looking for?" That might just be me. I really like the way you did the shot though. Even if I wasn't sure about the facial expression, if I took this shot I'd be very happy with it.

In #3 and #6, I find the buildings a little distracting. For the building in #6 it's not so much that there's a building there, but the hard lines of it against the sky that make it distracting for me. #3 I might also play around with different cropping.

In #4 the sun might be just a tad overpowering.

I absolutely love the light and exposure in #5 and #6, my two favorites of the series.

:agree: :goodpost:

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #289636 by Scotty
I think you're all overthinking these. These are great.

#4 and #6 are my favorites.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #289638 by Leilanee

rmeyer7 wrote: #2, the only thing I don't like is that she looks a little less comfortable or unsure in this one. The look on her face almost seems as if she's looking at you to ask, "Is this the pose you're looking for?" That might just be me. I really like the way you did the shot though. Even if I wasn't sure about the facial expression, if I took this shot I'd be very happy with it.

That is exactly what her expression is saying actually, I got her to flip her hair out because I liked what the sun was doing with it, but in the first set of those, her elbow was obstructing her face, so I told her to try to move her arm down instead of out. I think she was concentrating too hard on where her arm was going :silly: oops.

Thanks for all the feedback!

10 years 9 months ago #289662 by Shadowfixer1
I agree with Scotty. B)
10 years 9 months ago #289684 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I think you're all overthinking these. These are great.

Exactly. They might not your style, but they're great,
10 years 9 months ago #289686 by Stealthy Ninja
6 is the best btw
10 years 9 months ago #289697 by hghlndr6
I like 'em Tess. #5 & 6 especially. :thumbsup:
10 years 9 months ago #289705 by Leilanee
Thank you guys! I'm surprised at the attention #6 is getting :cheer: I liked what the bokeh did with the light in the last two, but I think it's more noticeable (and cool looking) in #5 :o

These were fun to shoot!

10 years 9 months ago #289712 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

That wasn't english brah.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #289713 by McBeth Photography

hghlndr6 wrote: I like 'em Tess. #5 & 6 especially. :thumbsup:

:agree: :judge: Nice series Tess!

It is what it is.
10 years 9 months ago #289717 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

That wasn't english brah.

Yo mamma's bra bra

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024