Concert

5 years 7 months ago #603742 by Khelm
My friend is still actively playing music around St. Louis, Mo and I had an opportunity to bring my camera to one of his shows... Here is a shot I got of my friend.  This is my first time trying concert photography.  It was a little difficult because I was using a fixed lens - 35mm equivalent.  It was also difficult because most of the photos I got of him were similar since he sits at the piano.  The rest of the band was so far back on the stage and were in shadows.

Make: FUJIFILM
Model: X100T
ISO: 2500
Aperture: f/2.0
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Captured: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 12:49pm

Attachments:
5 years 7 months ago #603827 by Suni Park
Nice light! 

5 years 7 months ago #603948 by Khelm

Suni Park wrote: Nice light! 

Thank you

5 years 7 months ago #604039 by Kyle Johnson
well done for this shot! 

5 years 7 months ago #604182 by Khelm

Kyle Johnson wrote: well done for this shot! 

thanks kyle

5 years 7 months ago #604230 by Sara Miles
Nice moment! 

5 years 7 months ago #604259 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Khelm

Nice one here to start with - and as you well know ... experience is the best teacher

You have managed to do this gig quite okay with the lens you had at the time, and next time you'll have a bit more knowledge to choose (maybe) a different lens that allows more scope for the others there.

Phil from the great land Downunder

www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

5 years 7 months ago #604270 by Khelm

Sara Miles wrote: Nice moment! 

thank you

5 years 7 months ago #604271 by Khelm

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: G'day Khelm

Nice one here to start with - and as you well know ... experience is the best teacher

You have managed to do this gig quite okay with the lens you had at the time, and next time you'll have a bit more knowledge to choose (maybe) a different lens that allows more scope for the others there.

Phil

Thanks for your comment.  This was definitely a good experience since it wasn't formal and no pressure to produce anything of quality.  I do hope in the next two years to upgrade cameras and to begin working with/looking into lenses.  

5 years 7 months ago #604448 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

I'd be thinking of lens before camera - as we all know the Fuji is an 'okay' camera. It will all come down to your style of photogaphy, but for this stuff (if I were shooting here) it would be something like a 15-50mm job so that you can get both stage-wide views and also facial-closeup views easily

5 years 7 months ago #604527 by Khelm

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: G'day mate

I'd be thinking of lens before camera - as we all know the Fuji is an 'okay' camera. It will all come down to your style of photogaphy, but for this stuff (if I were shooting here) it would be something like a 15-50mm job so that you can get both stage-wide views and also facial-closeup views easily

Phil,  I mentioned cameras because I have an X100T, a fixed lens camera, lenses are not an option for me at this time.  When I am able to purchase a different camera/upgrade I will then put more time into what I am shooting and lenses.  I appreciate your recommendation! 

5 years 7 months ago #604636 by garyrhook
This is a fine shot. Well done.

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #604650 by Khelm

garyrhook wrote: This is a fine shot. Well done.

thank you

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024