Candid portraits

4 months 4 weeks ago #645045 by bverringer
First post here, a couple of candid portraits from tonight's session!
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D750
Lens: 50.0 mm f/1.8
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/200 sec
Captured: Wed, 22 May 2019 18:59pm

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 4 weeks ago #645101 by Carl Mendez
Here's what i think:

Shot 1 has to improve in focus. They eyes should have good details. the top crop is too tight for me as well. 

Shot 2 needs the lighting to be illuminating the eyes part. It looks creepy because I don't know if she is closing her eyes while smiling or she has her eyes open.

Shot 3 has the head highlights a bit blown. The face is a bit dark and details are not emphasized.

3 months 2 weeks ago #650445 by Hannah Williams
I think the first shot is the most successful in all. And right, focus can improve though. 

3 months 1 week ago #650641 by Stephen Graham
We would love to see the eyes of the second shot and probably a soft lighting in the face of the 3rd shot. 

3 months 1 week ago #650949 by zachdos
I think the first one is the most accurate but need a bit more improvement like you could focus in a better way to enhance her eyes or any other features of her face.

3 months 3 days ago #651918 by Eshan Rachit
I agree. The first is the most successful of all. But the focus in the eyes must really be improved. 

3 months 1 day ago #652221 by Pitter
I would say Carl nailed the problems on all three.

2 months 1 week ago #654539 by Jin Hyuk Kwon
Shadows are a bit too dark for me. 

2 months 1 week ago #654810 by Suni Park
But the first one is a potentially good shot. Nice character on the subject but lacks good focus. 

3 weeks 4 days ago #660050 by Aaron Rogers
DR definitely has to improve. Some lighting improvements as well. 

3 weeks 3 days ago #660191 by Sara Miles
I like the concept but make sure to emphasize the point of interest in every photo. the message is a bit unclear in every shot except for the first one. 

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 might be a couple of years old now, but as we demonstrate in this Sony a9 review, it is still one of the best cameras in its class, particularly when it comes to its autofocus capabilities.

Oct 08, 2019

The Canon EOS M200 is coming soon, and if you're interested in upgrading from your phone to a traditional camera, this one might just be for you.

Oct 02, 2019

In this Canon EOS 6D Mark II review, learn about this camera's essential specs, features, and pros and cons so you can determine if it's the right camera for you.

Sep 27, 2019

In this iMovR Lander Lite desk review, learn about the build quality, features, durability, and technology that make it one of the best standing desks on the market today.

Sep 27, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by 🇸🇮 Janko Ferlič - @specialdaddy on Unsplash In an era where Nest security cameras are constantly being barraged by...

Oct 19, 2019

Photo by Diana Măceşanu on Unsplash Steve Fines is used to using his drone to capture gorgeous aerial photos. But, when a...

Oct 17, 2019

I've had the Haida M10 filter system for about a week now, and first impressions are that it is a high-quality, well-built kit that could very well become my go-to filter kit.

Oct 16, 2019

Shooting your very first wedding? Minimize the stress and maximize your preparedness with these essential wedding photography tips for amateurs.

Oct 16, 2019

Screenshot from YouTube video If you're really strapped for cash, we've got the photography job for you: professional pigeon scarer.  There's a...

Oct 16, 2019

The Olympus E-M5 Mark III has been in the works for a long time and is rumored to be released this week. What specs and features can we expect? Find out here!

Oct 15, 2019

If you have a mirrorless camera, there are tons of accessories you can buy. But our list of mirrorless camera accessories narrows it down to a few must-have items.

Oct 15, 2019

Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash The body of an FBI forensic photographer was just found in a national park in Nantahala, North...

Oct 15, 2019