Caravaggio style

8 years 11 months ago #447011 by Georgian-Si-Valentina-Mihaila
For this shot I used one light with 24in softbox in a very small bedroom and some PS work. What do you guys think,  how can I improve it? I was thinking about a faint of light on the background on her dark size. You be the judge!

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago #447021 by KCook
The lighting around her eye nearest the light does not seem quite right.  But I can't put my finger on the problem.  Maybe try moving the light around a little?

And I would be tempted to hold a reflector overhead, to put a hint of light on the hair.

nohelpKelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgian-Si-Valentina-Mihaila
8 years 11 months ago #447134 by Georgian-Si-Valentina-Mihaila
More from the same shooting.

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago #447136 by cybersholt
Both are nice,
The first I agree with Kelly, I think its the little bit of "glare" or the bright spot on the right of the face.

Number 2 is well done but I think the right side of the face could have used a touch more light.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgian-Si-Valentina-Mihaila
8 years 11 months ago #447262 by garyrhook
#1: the light could have been moved forward (toward camera) a bit. Also perhaps closer to the subject. I rather like the way she disappears into the darkness; I don't see a need for a hairlight.

#2: I love it as is. Pose wise, I'd love to see this with her left arm down, and her left shoulder turned more toward the light. I don't know if that would be interesting, but I'd like to try it. I might crop the bottom edge a teeny bit higher, too.

Photo Comments
8 years 11 months ago #447329 by One Wish
I can't add anything that hasn't been said already.  Overall, catchy portraits. 

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #501408 by lingviolin
Need more light!

7 years 7 months ago #503382 by Tammy B
Such painterly light. The poses work really well for this particular set up!

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony Alpha a7 II has been around for a decade, but even after all these years, it stands up as an excellent option for photographers looking for a high-quality full frame camera.

Jun 25, 2024

It's summertime in the northern hemisphere, and that means long days to explore the world around us. With these summer landscape photography tips, you'll learn a thing or two about improving your photos!

Jun 23, 2024

What is aspect ratio, and what does it mean for the presentation of your images? Use this beginner photography guide to get all the details!

Jun 20, 2024

Lake photography is a fun type of landscape photography because of all the different compositional options you have. With these tips, get the best possible results!

Jun 19, 2024

The ideal portrait photography location is out there; it's a simple matter of finding it! Using this guide, you can discover the best places for outdoor portraits!

Jun 17, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Canon R8 is a budget-friendly full frame camera with high-end photo and video features. In other words, there are plenty of reasons to upgrade to an R8!

Jun 14, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024