December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177151 by Megs_07
C:\fakepath\DSC07838.JPG

;)

12 years 4 months ago #177153 by Megs_07
C:\fakepath\DSC07838.JPG

12 years 4 months ago #177157 by butterflygirl921

Camera Diva wrote:

McBeth Photography wrote: Here is a water feature in the Portland Japanese Garden in Portland, OR. I took this with my D70 and my Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f4.5 Ai'd. It is such a beautiful place!

Oh this is a beauty, love it

I also love this one!!!

12 years 4 months ago #177158 by butterflygirl921
But they are all so good!

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177223 by Chris Coates
Hello everyone,
This is my first submission to PhotographyTalk.com

This photo was taken at mouth of the Ausable River, near Glen Rock Falls, Arkona, ON Canada.
in October 2011.
Taken with my Canon T2i, 1/100-f5.6-100 ISO.

I am not always able to bend at my knees, so the next best thing is to place my camera on the toe of my shoe, and shoot blindly. I must say, I have come up with some rather cool shots.

I look forward to any comments, criticism or thoughts.

Chris

Chris Coates
ChrisCoatesPhotography.smugmug.com

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177280 by Bob Eaton
Took this at the end of summer.
004.JPG
;)

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 4 months ago #177283 by Bob Eaton
Hope you like this. ;)
__9_00041.jpg

12 years 4 months ago #177287 by Bob Eaton
__3_00047.jpg

12 years 4 months ago #177310 by Baydream
One of my wife's beautiful hand-hooked rugs.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177315 by Bob Eaton
This is one beautiful ship!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
__9_00041.jpg

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177320 by Baydream
Can't figure out why others are not posting. Mine are 2 mp or less (and a larger one failed like yours) but this one (1.92 mp) worked.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177353 by Joy Mullin
Cograts to Papabear63. I thought this one was great too especially with Christmas just around the corner. :cheer:

Alex wrote: The winner is (drum roll............) Papabear63!! The shot with the huge red Christmas ornament caught my eye with the lights in the back ground. Please PM me with your contact information to receive your prize!

Congrats! You just won PhotoPlus Essentials by Serif! (Deluxe Edition)

This weekends challenge is a fun "Show and Tell". Simple share as many photos in this thread that you have recently taken. You must tell a few things about each photo. Monday December 5th we will pick one random photo, that person who posted that image will get a secret prize! So you get to show off and have the chance of winning a prize!

Hint: The more photos you place in here, the greater the odds of winning the prize. Let's have these photos represent your best recent work.

For illustration only... I'll start:

This photo was taken with 105mm lens | f/22 | 1/1250 sec | ISO 200

Last year I bought a fish tank to play around with water shots like this. I had my fun and packed the fish tank away. After recently posting a video by Mark Wallace where Mark showed some fun fish tank examples... it reminded me I had this tank. So I dug it out of storage and went to town with it.

This shot was taken with a SB900 on the right and SB800 on the left. My SB900 kept over heating and was a head ache. I used PocketWizard TT1 and TT5 to trigger the flashes both in TTL. I think this weekend I'm going to try adding 3rd flash to fill that dark area on the bottom.

Here's my shot:

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN... START LOADING THEM UP AND TELLING A FEW THINGS ABOUT THAT PHOTO. :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #177365 by McBeth Photography
Congratulations to Papabear63! Enjoy your prize!!! :) :cheer: :thumbsup: :beerbang:

It is what it is.
12 years 4 months ago #177386 by Bob Eaton
Two aids to navigation!!!!!! ;)

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #177387 by Bob Eaton
And two more!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024