Photo Contest: Win a MyPhotoSchool Online Photography Course worth £145 ($220)!!

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247847 by PhotographyTalk
I'm so excited about this contest! It's simple, it's fun and the prize is absolutely awesome! Win a online photography course... free education by some of best photographers on this planet! :woohoo: :woohoo:

We’ve teamed up with MyPhotoSchool to give you the chance to win an online photography course of your choice worth £145 ($225). This is a photo contest, so all you have to do is post your favorite photo(s) into this thread. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that these need to be YOUR photos that you've taken, and you can post as many as you want! (SEE MY FIRST POST BELOW ON HOW TO POST PHOTOS) This contest will run for 3 days (Saturday, Sunday & Monday)... you can increase your chances of winning by uploading more! Tuesday (August 28, 2012) we will go through all the photos and pick a winner who will win any one of the MyPhotoSchool courses of your choice to be taken in the next three months. Winner will be announced on Wednesday August 29, 2012 on the PhotographyTalk and MyPhotoSchool websites.

Check out some of these awesome course titles the winner can pick from:

A Master Class in Light & Colour
Bird Photography Course
Capturing The Essence of Faraway Places
Digital Black & White Photography
Digital Close-up Photography
Digital Low Light Photography
Fine Art Landscape Photography
Getting the Best from your Digital Camera
HDR Photography and Beyond
How to Photograph Cats & Dogs
How to Photograph Your Children
Light & Exposure
Macro Master Photography Course
Nature and Wildlife Photography Course
Photographing Buildings: Inside & Out
Travel & City Break Photography

About MyPhotoSchool - A new virtual photography school:

Have you ever thought you would like to learn more about a particular aspect of photography? Even if you’ve been photographing for years there is always something else to discover. MyPhotoSchool Ltd is a global online photography classroom where you can take four week online photography courses. Whether you’re a novice, a hobbyist or an aspiring professional, MyPhotoSchool has online photography courses to inspire you. At MyPhotoSchool, world class photographers can teach you everything there is to know about photography: virtually. From back yard to big game photography; from black and white photography to discovering colour; from low light to understanding light, as well as how to take beautiful baby, wonderful wedding, perfect pooch and fantastic flower photos. For more information on photography courses, please go to www.my-photo-school.com

Doing a lecture based photography course, with regular contact with your tutor, is undoubtedly the best way to learn, but it involves time, travel and considerable commitment. MyPhotoSchool ( www.my-photo-school.com )– offers the advantages of a college-based photography course, but you can do it at home – through your desktop, laptop or ipad. Courses run for four weeks and start on the first Saturday of the month. Each Saturday you have access to that week’s half hour video lecture given by you expert tutor; you can watch and listen as many times as you like and download the lecture notes. You then have an assignment to do; and here’s the bonus: you do it with direct access to your expert tutor and your classmates. Ask questions, exchange ideas, give feedback – or just do it on your own; the photography course is yours, and it’s up to you how much, or little you put into it. Most of the courses are suitable for all levels of expertise, whether you are a beginner or an experienced photographer, or a keen beginner.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nahkoma
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247849 by Alex
Enter photos into threads like this:

***Remember after you "Add Photo" to Press the "Insert" button to embed the photo into the thread***

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago #247851 by McBeth Photography

Camas in early spring.

It is what it is.
Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247857 by Imakerules
My Cousin's scoob

Imran A.L.
Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago #247858 by Justin E.
I'll put one since this is the first time I've done a photo contest.

Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247859 by Nahkoma
My daughter SiLaya

Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago #247860 by simmo
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\View From Palisadoes Rd..jpg[/attachment]

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247861 by Serenity Arts
...because baby feet are too stinkin' cute!

Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago #247862 by Alex

Justin E. wrote: I'll put one since this is the first time I've done a photo contest.

Great shot! Where was this taken? This has a great pin-up with classic car vib... awesome! Keep the photos coming!

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #247863 by Alex

Serenity Arts wrote: ...because baby feet are too stinkin' cute!

Adorable! I like this shot... the baby feet and the sand... great capture. Keep them coming!

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #247864 by Alex

Nahkoma wrote: My daughter SiLaya

There is some talent in the house today! Wonderful shot here. I like the contrast of the pink and the old wooden covered bridge. Boy you don't see these in California... you must be in the north east somewhere?

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nahkoma
11 years 7 months ago #247865 by traces29
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\174.JPG[/attachment]

11 years 7 months ago #247866 by linda5

linda wright
Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #247867 by mmmdist2
my first attemps at studio shooting

(Great shots! please click "Insert" after you uploaded your photos to have them show like this ;) - Alex )

Attachments:
11 years 7 months ago #247868 by Nahkoma
Thanks! I'm in Kansas!! I love photography, some day soon I plan to upgrade to a more professional camera!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024