Photo Contest Give-A-Way!!!

12 years 11 months ago #56866 by chasrich

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
12 years 11 months ago #56867 by chasrich

I wonder how much resolution is lost because of the bias against pano shots like this...

Put you ear to your right shoulder to view. :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 11 months ago #56875 by Eric

12 years 11 months ago #56876 by DonD2

Jerry Hammond wrote:

img\def

OctoberSunrise2010 by Jerry Hammond , on Flickr

What an absolutely stunning sunset. I love the richness of the colors in this one. :judge: :judge:
12 years 11 months ago #56878 by Eric

chasrich wrote:

beautiful image!

I am trying your "workaround" for posting images! I hope they will be accepted for the contest since nothing else seems to work! Have a great day!

12 years 11 months ago #56879 by DonD2

Jerry Hammond wrote:

ECCO wrote: Cape Cod

Excellent work. :beerbang: :thumbsup:

:agree: :judge: :agree: :judge: :agree: :judge: :beerbang:
12 years 11 months ago #56881 by DonD2

Jerry Hammond wrote:

DonD2 wrote:

nbenadom wrote: No... I have Brighthouse for my ISP.

Well dang, there goes another perfectly good theory down the toilet. Well hopefully one of us on here gets it figured out soon....:rofl:

What OS and Browser are you using?

Jerry, I'm using Windows 7 and mostly Google Chrome and once in awhile IE9.
12 years 11 months ago #56885 by DonD2

robbie wrote: www.photographytalk.com/component/simgal...c=viewphoto&id=45289
Trying Chasrich idea!

Stunning photo, STUNNING!
:thumbsup: :judge: :goodpost:
12 years 11 months ago #56887 by DonD2

chasrich wrote:

robbie wrote: www.photographytalk.com/component/simgal...c=viewphoto&id=45289
Trying Chasrich idea!

Works for me... Good shot.

If I still can't post directly today, then I will be doing this as well. Thanks for thinking outside of the box Chas! :beerbang: :cheers: :goodpost: :judge:
12 years 11 months ago #56890 by DonD2

robbie wrote: www.photographytalk.com/component/simgal...c=viewphoto&id=38543

Wow, very interesting capture. Love the colors and the odd pose! :thumbsup:
12 years 11 months ago #56891 by DonD2

robbie wrote: www.photographytalk.com/component/simgal...c=viewphoto&id=48986
my treetop....Ir image

Excellent capture!!!!!!!!
:judge: :thumbsup: :goodpost:
12 years 11 months ago #56893 by DonD2

Karl Wertanen wrote: Early morning fog burning off lake erie

I love "Fog" photos when done well, like this one, they always have an eeriness and surreal feel to them. :thumbsup: :beerbang: :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl Wertanen
12 years 11 months ago #56894 by Eric

DonD2 wrote:

nbenadom wrote: for 2 days now I can't upload any more photos. I've tried 2 different computers and 3 browsers. I keep getting this error:

Copy failed
Failed to upload file 'ColonialCemetery.jpg': Could not move file into /home/ptded/public_html/media/kunena/attachments/4416/ColonialCemetery.jpg.

Anyone know how to fix it?

I'm fighting the same thing for the same time frame. Still haven't figured it out. I'm working on a theory though. By any chance are you using Qwest DSL as your ISP? That's what I use and I'm wondering if it is a problem with their servers or something?

Sorry, I have had the same problem for 2 weeks! No one knows how to fix it! I was able to post images at one time, then POOF! I have tried everything imaginable on my end!

12 years 11 months ago #56896 by DonD2

photobod wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

its good Karl but much prefer the composition of the first one. :thumbsup:

Karl, I concur with Photobod completely on this. This one is good, but the other one is the winner.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl Wertanen
12 years 11 months ago #56898 by DonD2

photobod wrote:

icepics wrote: C:\fakepath\Kodak British box Brownie Pop 9.jpg
I'm not having any better luck than you are DonD2. Which episode of the Twilight Zone are we in??

The competition episode maybe ???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sorry not laughing cos of your difficulties I just like to laugh at my own humour, sad really

We must have similar personalities Photobod, cause I crack me up all the time..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024