Test: How well do you see colors? Find out here!

12 years 9 months ago #111906 by Cre8tivefix

Baydream wrote:

Henry Peach wrote:

Dori wrote: I am wondering, does it really matter? :huh: Am I being paranoid? Just askin'.

Absolutely! If your job is to sort out those paint chips in the house paint dept.

For a photographer or artist? Not so much. Color is relative for human vision and we have awful color memory. Watch this video www.ted.com/talks/beau_lotto_optical_ill...show_how_we_see.html

:goodpost: And paint looks so much different on a chip than on a wall. :whistle:

:agree: I totally agree. I did ok on the test, but am HORRIBLE at picking paint colors for my house. It's never what I had in mind. LOL :S

12 years 9 months ago #112442 by Alex
I still need to take this test :whistle:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112456 by Scotty

Alex wrote: I still need to take this test :whistle:

I've been ignoring it. :O

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #112866 by Stealthy Ninja

chasrich wrote: Yay! Now that you have supplied us with the image we can all claim perfect scores... wanna see mine? :rofl:

Thanks for that, this means I'm the only person on this forum with a legitimate claim to getting perfect score! SWEEET!

All the rest of you are obviously terrible at recognising colours or lying... :thumbsup:
12 years 9 months ago #112904 by chasrich

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

chasrich wrote: Yay! Now that you have supplied us with the image we can all claim perfect scores... wanna see mine? :rofl:

Thanks for that, this means I'm the only person on this forum with a legitimate claim to getting perfect score! SWEEET!

All the rest of you are obviously terrible at recognising colours or lying... :thumbsup:

You are living proof that practice makes perfect - tell us, how many times did you take the test?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #113392 by Stealthy Ninja

chasrich wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

You are living proof that practice makes perfect - tell us, how many times did you take the test?

LOL actually once.

They all look pink to me though. :catfight:
12 years 8 months ago #130716 by Lisette777
I GOT A 39 IS THAT GOOD OR BAD? LOL :whistle:

12 years 8 months ago #130721 by tomcoombs
Got a big fat '0'...but thats good right.:P

12 years 8 months ago #130755 by vivek_pandey
I recently went for health check up and it was confirmed I am colour blind :(

12 years 8 months ago #131033 by john3
Got 4, I'm 42 years old. I have a 24" Screen but a rather cheap one.
I had to look away a couple of times to concentrate and got confused by the different lines.

But I'm disappointed the there's basically no evaluation on how you have performed. It just says

"Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520
Best score for your gender and age range: 0"

for every age range, and regardless of male or female.

12 years 8 months ago #131042 by Phil_R

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 27" P2770FH
Browser: Chrome
Time: Mid-day
Score: 19

Phil
Live Oak, FL

12 years 8 months ago #131046 by rmeyer7
Took this test on a cheap 17" Dell monitor and got a perfect score!

12 years 3 months ago #195259 by cph1963
231!! :sick:

12 years 3 months ago #195264 by Trilby
15....I'll have to try harder next time.... :rolleyes

There is no black & white; it's all 18% grey.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024