Color or black and white?

12 years 7 months ago #148471 by Scotty

Click for larger image.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148482 by J. Hansen
Wow that is a tuff choice. I like the subdued colors of the statue in the color verison but it makes an excellent B&W also! I will land on the side of color. :patriot:

12 years 7 months ago #148487 by icepics
Color - seems to have more depth w/this one.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148509 by McBeth Photography
Easy choice. Color. The tones are very similar to a copper penny, on which the likeness of Lincoln is found.

Nothing against the B/W, it's just that the color version has an instant familiarity to it. Nice Image! :)

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago #148543 by Scotty
Color it is!

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148561 by Stealthy Ninja
Black and white.

It's not loaded yet, I just want to be different.
12 years 7 months ago #148562 by Stealthy Ninja
OK now ONLY the B&W version is showing up...
12 years 7 months ago #148598 by effron
Why not both? Are you short of storage space?...........:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148601 by chakkaradeep
I like the color.

I think you can also try the background to be back & white and rest color. That would be look very cool :)

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 7 months ago #148603 by chasrich
SEPIA!... Are you guys blind???

:judge: :thumbsup: An excellent image as usual. :judge: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #148607 by crystal
I choose B&W. IMO, it stands out more.
12 years 7 months ago #148610 by butterflygirl921
:agree: The black and white one stands out more and looks better! My vote is for Black and White! :judge: :thumbsup:

12 years 7 months ago #148659 by Blue Pill
I think the color version, he gets lost in the background. B&W, he stands tall and proud. :patriot:

12 years 7 months ago #148837 by Martin
Really hard to decide, but I would go with #1

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148840 by Dori
I prefer the BW version. I think the starkness of that version tells the story of his
presidency more accurately. :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024