Which has greater market share of users? Nikon or Canon?

13 years 3 months ago #19004 by Stealthy Ninja

vipergts831 wrote: s95 is an awesome little camera stealthy!

Canon still holds the market share but who cares really? As long as competition is out there it will push both brands to continue to inovate. That means we as consumers get the pleasure of that inovation.

Also agree with you stealthy. Nikon holds the ISO crown right now. Resolution is on Canons side since they are fighting that war between themselves :lol:

LOL I think Sony are trying to beat them. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #19104 by Todd Phillips
Canon

13 years 3 months ago #19109 by luckywish1
canon make better videos then nikon do i heard gigggles gigggles

13 years 3 months ago #19110 by luckywish1
what kind of warrenty do canon and nikon have? i need to get the best warrenty for my new camera that im geting. next week is the big day everyone for the new camera , next friday january 28

13 years 3 months ago #19267 by emrecnl
Canon.
(yes i had to register to just write this)

13 years 3 months ago #19268 by wagaboo
While I think that both cameras are AWESOME my opinion is based on my own observations. When I'm out I notice far more Canon cams than I do Nikons

13 years 3 months ago #19273 by adelemos

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote: Canon.

Figure I have seen figures for DSLRs that show Nikon has taken a slight lead over Canon but are both in the lower 30% ranges. Another site says "Last year, Canon sold 4.4 million DSLRs to Nikon’s 3.4 million."
Some sites use US figures, some Japanese, and some US/UK/Japanese combined. Another says Canon leads in overall digital.
Another quote "according to veteran photographer Ken Rockwell. "It’s like golf. Winning’s all about the golfer, not the club.” "

I think its pretty even overall. At my meetup events its about 50/50. And rockwell says it best....its how you use the tools you have not the tool itself that wins.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024