WOW! I'm impressed... check this out

11 years 8 months ago #247594 by Alex
What photo paper are you using for your prints? I really enjoy printing my favorite photos. I've been using 'HP Premium Plus Photo Paper' & 'Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper' religiously since I bought my Canon Pro 9000 printer.

As you may know Finestra Art just came on board with PhotographyTalk as a new vendor. These folks have wide variety of premium photo paper and are located in Orange County, CA. Well Bryan who is their Director of Product Development offered to drive down to my home in San Diego to demo and drop off some of their photo paper for me to review.

I'll be honest with you... I agreed for the meeting, but wasn't expecting much. I mean it's paper?! How much different can it be from the stuff I already have from HP and Kodak that said "premium" on the packaging?

I'm slammed busy with work right now and really need to play catch up with my programmers. But after meeting with Bryan for a few hours where he showed me the difference in their paper to what I was using. Frankly I was to excited and wanted to make a quick post here to announce a killer review is coming. I'm seriously blown away with the stock of the FinestraArt paper, how the ink looks on the paper, the texture (BTW... the FinestraArt "Pearl" is my favorite) and how the photos look at different angles.

Are you kidding me? I'm that excited over paper? Heck yeah friends... I'm going to be reprinting all my photos on FinestraArt paper! Additionally if you want your printed photos to look their best... I highly recommend... take a look at www.finestraart.com , try them out... I'm confident you will be equally impressed as I am!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247601 by Garbo
Can't wait to see your review :thumbsup:

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247607 by amcom

Garbo wrote: Can't wait to see your review :thumbsup:

:agree:

Gutoh Morais Fotografia
11 years 8 months ago #247608 by Roy Wilson
:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing Alex

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247613 by chasrich
:thumbsup: Standing by...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 8 months ago #247616 by Pettigrew
This should be good :toetap:

Are we there yet?

:toetap:

Don't keep us waiting! :toetap:

;) :thumbsup:

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247649 by Alex
5 hour later update: Spent the evening printing out some of my favorite photos and will say the Metallic Silver and the Pearl so far are my favorites. There is such a night and day difference in my prints, they really POP on this paper. It's late, so I'll be sure to take some photos to post up tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247653 by McBeth Photography
Cool!

It is what it is.
11 years 8 months ago #247683 by Justin

Alex wrote: 5 hour later update: Spent the evening printing out some of my favorite photos and will say the Metallic Silver and the Pearl so far are my favorites. There is such a night and day difference in my prints, they really POP on this paper. It's late, so I'll be sure to take some photos to post up tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Sent you a PM, please let me know on that. Thanks!

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247692 by blinden
Wow, Alex I'm glad you're having so much fun with our papers. I knew once you saw the difference you'd be hooked. ;).

If any of you PhotographyTalk members have questions or need anything, feel free to reach out to me. I have been capturing digitally since 1993 and have been printing my own work for over a decade. Anything you ask me gets responded to from me as a photographer looking to help you get great results, not some guy at a company looking to push products.

There is a sale going on right now at finestraart.com and you can save an additional 25% by using the code: gofinestra at checkout.

While it's great that Alex likes our products, you members are what it's about so let me help turn your inkjet printer into an awesome useful tool instead of a dust collector :).

Cheers,
Bryan

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com
www.facebook.com/FinestraArt

www.lindenphoto.net
[img]images/stories/finestraart_signature.jpg

11 years 8 months ago #247735 by Joves
Yeah paper does make a huge difference. I have been using the Kodak and Iford papers for years. I like the Iford pearl a lot. So are the ICC profiles for your printers available? I like the pearl papers myself because I have always seen the best results from them.

11 years 8 months ago #247736 by Alex

blinden wrote: Wow, Alex I'm glad you're having so much fun with our papers. I knew once you saw the difference you'd be hooked. ;).

If any of you PhotographyTalk members have questions or need anything, feel free to reach out to me. I have been capturing digitally since 1993 and have been printing my own work for over a decade. Anything you ask me gets responded to from me as a photographer looking to help you get great results, not some guy at a company looking to push products.

There is a sale going on right now at finestraart.com and you can save an additional 25% by using the code: gofinestra at checkout.

While it's great that Alex likes our products, you members are what it's about so let me help turn your inkjet printer into an awesome useful tool instead of a dust collector :).

Cheers,
Bryan

Should have some photos posted soon. But you were so right Bryan... after I printed one photo, I looked at my others on the walls and it was such difference that I had to reprint all my old shots! Stay tuned... I should be posting some shots up here soon.

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247751 by amcom
Can't wait! :)

Gutoh Morais Fotografia
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #247765 by Alex
So here are a few shots printed on the FinestraArt silver metallic paper. I was hoping for the sun to come out today so you could appreciate these more (how the metallic bleeds through). I will say these photos do no justice to seeing the photos in person. Anyway... these are a few shots with not so good lighting... my formal review will be coming shortly.

This is by far my favorite and it's printed on FinestraArt's Silver Metallic Paper... this print has so much life to it in person.

This one is on HP Premium Plus Paper (side by side to the new prints... this one looks gloomy and just doesn't have the same pop as the new prints on FinestraArt paper).

This one is on the FinestraArt Silver Metallic Paper

Another with Finestra Silver Metallic Paper

I'll be doing more with their Pearl... but here's a teaser. This one looks amazing in person.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: amcom
11 years 8 months ago #247834 by One Wish
I really like the first one :thumbsup:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024