Picked up some photoshop books.(edits inside).

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #284485 by Scotty
Figured I could learn more about the program I use a lot. Picked up the CS 6 bible, and kelby's CS 6 book for digital photographers.

Learning A LOT about ACR. Here's some edits I've been messing with, i'm sure i'll be posting more. Been messing with contrast through curves and multiple pass sharpening.

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE.

Pushing edits really hard. Stay tuned...

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284512 by Stealthy Ninja
Keep trying. One day you'll learn how do photoshop good.
10 years 11 months ago #284513 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Keep trying. One day you'll learn how do photoshop good.

:watching: One day I'll teach you how take decent photos.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284546 by Pettigrew
#1 is gorgeous!

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284596 by Jeanne Merlo
:judge: I agree the first one is a looker

10 years 11 months ago #284608 by Scotty

Not sure If I like this.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284615 by Scotty

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #284637 by Leilanee
Scott is a walnut. Coo Coo ca choo!

tried to fix the file, but it didn't work so deleted. -Scotty

10 years 11 months ago #284640 by garyrhook

Scotty wrote: Not sure If I like this.

Well, if the horizon were level, that would be a start :-)

Seriously, though, I rather like the idea. I would like to see more of the left foreground area, since its contrast is higher and keeps drawing my attention. Perhaps (*gasp*) a third of the horizontal area should be take up by this, and the remaining 2/3s by the far away, gray, less contrasty rim. I also like the empty sky (i.e. no clouds) since the hills and striations add so much textture.

So, :thumbsup: on the idea. I think you could even make this a much wider, shorter type of image very effectively. I think.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284642 by garyrhook

Scotty wrote: Building and clouds image removed...

I like this one, as well. It appears you've done some work on the sky (love the blue), would like even more in the clouds. For me, transforming to level all of the horizontal lines, crop to remove the lower right section and windows, and removing that overhand in the lower left, above the bricks, would all help to emphasize the geometry of the building. Quick LR edit to demonstrate. May have gone too far on the clouds. I also pushed the blues and reds/oranges a bit. As always, for me.

Where is this building?

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #284654 by Scotty

garyrhook wrote:

Scotty wrote: Building and clouds image removed...

I like this one, as well. It appears you've done some work on the sky (love the blue), would like even more in the clouds. For me, transforming to level all of the horizontal lines, crop to remove the lower right section and windows, and removing that overhand in the lower left, above the bricks, would all help to emphasize the geometry of the building. Quick LR edit to demonstrate. May have gone too far on the clouds. I also pushed the blues and reds/oranges a bit. As always, for me.

Where is this building?

Not a lot of work was done on this one actually. It's pretty much SOOC besides a tiny bit contrast added and sharpening. Polarizers are amazing.

The horizon has been corrected. There is a bit of curve on the horizon so I just went middle of the road. The building was in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284655 by Scotty

Think I like the original better.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284677 by Leilanee

Scotty wrote:

Think I like the original better.

Me too

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #284698 by garyrhook

Leilanee wrote:

Scotty wrote: Think I like the original better.

Me too

Yeah, me, too, relative to this version. I don't care for the complete removal of the building. It grounds the image to my eye, which is why I cropped it the way I did. I also don't care for the tower being in the (horizontal) middle.

Overall, though, I think you got a good capture. I find it very interesting.

Photo Comments
10 years 11 months ago #284699 by garyrhook

Scotty wrote:

garyrhook wrote: Where is this building?

Not a lot of work was done on this one actually. It's pretty much SOOC besides a tiny bit contrast added and sharpening. Polarizers are amazing.

The horizon has been corrected. There is a bit of curve on the horizon so I just went middle of the road. The building was in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Sweet. So a polarizer was used. I thought that might be the case. The blue is wonderful.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024