Sharing a good find with you

7 years 4 months ago #509020 by Jessa Layton

Robert Chen wrote: That looks like it would fit nicely in the glove box

I have one kind of like this in mine glovebox.  This one looks more complete.  

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509198 by srubio77
I might get one of these for myself. Thanks for the link!

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509262 by KenMan
What's a good knife to carry as tool and protection?  What do you have?

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509297 by effron

KenMan wrote: What's a good knife to carry as tool and protection?  What do you have?

I carry two, one a belt worn semi machete, another a spring assist pocket knife, (I have quite a few to choose from). However, for protection in the back country, I carry a 9mm firearm.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509324 by KENT MELTON
You must live in Florida :rofl:   liberal gun laws

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509325 by KENT MELTON
My brother lives in Florida, and he loves it there.  He has a number of shooting ranges he goes too.

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509386 by J Hemingway
I have a decent first aid kit a military buddy gave me a few years back.  And do carry a 6" fold up knife.  

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509405 by Joves

Alex wrote:

Joves wrote: This thread is reminding me to take a look at my kit, and see how much of it is expired. I have sutures in mine too. I got them from a plastic surgeon friend of mine that I showed he, and his son around the northern Az hunting spots. Yeah having kits is a thing that most people do not take when hiking, sometimes to their determent.
I figure if the lord is willing I will die in some canyon in northern Az, and someone will run across my bones finding my camera. I just hope I got some good shots for them to enjoy.

You're in Arizona?  You have some crazy impressive landscapes out there.  Are you near all the rock formations?  

I was Alex, but now I am unfortunately I have been living back east taking care of my mom for a couple of years now. Once I am done here, I will be back in the Grand Canyon area. I pretty much know that area like the back of my hand. You can spend a lifetime there shooting, and still have something new to shoot when you are dead. :lol:

7 years 4 months ago #509425 by effron

KENT MELTON wrote: You must live in Florida :rofl:   liberal gun laws

New Hampshire, no liberal laws just second amendment respect for law abiding Americans.....so far.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509478 by Alex
I picked up this knife for that very purpose. Picked it up for only $11 bucks   www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMPQOCA/ref...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509591 by Joves
Well I have my Leatherman, .45, and Kbar. Depends on where I am going.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024