Filter case - would you have made the same choice?

5 years 8 months ago #603359 by Richard K Photography
For me, I like the toned down tan/orange color.  The other orange for my taste is a little bright.   So I'm guessing you have enough room to put your circular filters side by side with the squares right?  Or will that create gaps that will make a mess of things?  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603368 by Vahrenkamp

Stacy Craig wrote: That interior doesn't look orange?  

BTW is that wide enough to put two 100x100mm side by side in same slot?  

I was going to say the same thing.  I'm rather fond of the orange in the original shots.  This color looks like the color was striped from it.  Minor, but prefer the brighter orange.  I just watched the video review on the amazon page and Alex at one point measures the dimensions of this case, and if I've done my math correctly, two 100x100mm filters could go side by side, however I bet that might be a very tight fit.  I wouldn't risk it.  If you bump the bag, that's glass hitting glass and could chip your filters.  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603490 by Linda Duncan
Thats a good looking case, have you compared it to the PolarPro Kanga6 Filter Case? 

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603525 by H Rocky
Alex, that inside isn't orange?  

@Linda, nice case, but that is for circular filters.  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603540 by Patrick G
:thumbsup:  congrats on the new accessory.  . 

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #603541 by effron

Roy Wilson wrote: .  You can't fit 150 x 150mm filters in that case right?

Did you mean 100 x 150mm filters?

• Holds up to 10 rectangular filters up to 100x150mm (4x6") in size such as the Singh-Ray, Lee or Cokin P series. Also holds round glass filters.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603552 by Rick Larin
Don't have that many filters yet.  Just getting the ball going for me.  But my goal is to make a living from photography starting end of next year.  So I'm on learn fast mode!

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603571 by Superman
Alex what about the lid of that case, how much padding is in that? 

Nikon D90 & D40 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm, 50mm, 105mm, SB600
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603718 by Alex

Roy Wilson wrote: Sharp looking case Alex.  I was just looking them up, do you happen to know if they make for larger filters?  I didn't see any cases larger than the one you have.  You can't fit 150 x 150mm filters in that case right?

I'm not aware of cases for larger filters.  This one is designed to hold up to 100x150mm filters. 

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603719 by Alex

Superman wrote: Alex what about the lid of that case, how much padding is in that? 

You have a velvet lining that runs along the top on back side of the shell.  The filters are snug in the case liners, so they aren't going anywhere. 

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #603910 by MYoung

Alex wrote: Filter case came in yesterday and I'm super happy with this case.  I just left a video review on Amazon, so I'm guessing once that get's approved, that will be there.  

I was a little reluctant on price, as this one is priced a bit higher than the others.  At the end, when you are holding it, you know where that money was spent.  In short, this case is extremely well made.  There is great padding on front and rear, and the dividers all have felt covering them.  I could even fit a bracket in here too.  Velcro keeps the lid closed.  

I'm excited to retire my hard filter case.  Don't get me wrong, it did it's job, it's built like tank.  But it was so heavy and bulky.  

Here are some photos, loaded up.  I included shot with my D850 and 24-70mm for sense of scale:

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone X
Lens: iPhone X back dual camera 4mm f/1.8
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter speed: 1/11 sec
Captured: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:53pm

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone X
Lens: iPhone X back dual camera 4mm f/1.8
ISO: 40
Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter speed: 1/20 sec
Captured: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:53pm

I prefer the orange.  That burnt tan/orange doesn't do it for me.  But it's better than black interior.  Sent PM, let me know on that please.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024