Photographers gloves that work

5 years 6 months ago #614291 by Tim Dordeck
I'd be curious to those that have used those gloves if the snow and moisture get's in them?

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614322 by Frisco
Some will, but nothing you can do about that

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614420 by effron
Again, depends on how cold. I use the linked product, and keep a chemical hand warmer in the removeable part. I shoot at times in winter, temps down to -30 and just taking a glove off for a moment is a non starter. It does no good to put a cold glove back on a frozen hand.
If seriously cold, get these or something close..... www.amazon.com/dp/B00CY9CVSO/ref=sxbs_sx...&qid=1541773871&sr=3

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614465 by Frisco
Those look nice but they look like they would get snagged quick, not to mention wet.  

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614466 by shelland
I've never had issues just using the couple pair of my main winter gloves. I've never had a need to try anything photography specific. (I do not have touch screens) Even using back-button focus, I can get by with no issues. I just have a couple pair from Under Armour. 

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

5 years 5 months ago #614485 by Eric A
I have a set that my wife got me last year.  No finger tips, but they work well.  Not sure on the brand, so no help!  

My Camera Bag:

Canon 7D | 50mm f/1.2 | 17-40mm f/4 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 320EX | 580EXII

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614488 by icepics
The thing about buying from a company overseas is that it's not hard for someone to make a great looking website, but is what they're selling as good as it looks? I don't know, it's two guys with cameras in Norway, do they know anything about manufacturing gloves? I have no idea.

Like Gary and others suggested it might be better to try buying these from B&H or Adorama or Amazon rather than buying direct. Probably better for returns/refunds.

I didn't see a phone number for the company or for their US distributor, just mailing addresses. I've seen stories often enough on the local news about someone getting ripped off (usually for something like prom dresses not cameras) because whatever was purchased looked nothing like pictures on the website, and the company can't be reached so customers are out the money. I don't think you can take websites at face value and just think it's necessary to check them out.

Sharon
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614623 by Andrew AG
Yeah, true.  But these are sold at B&H and considering the price point, these would fall under replacement warranty with B&H.  So you are in good hands.  Just my 4 cents of opinion.  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614624 by Andrew AG
I just ran down to the garage, I have a pair of frdm gear gloves that I picked up on Amazon for $40.  Pretty decent set of gloves for the money.  I would recommend these.  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614792 by Soccer Mom
Good timing, my husband was just asking for a pair of gloves for Christmas.   

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614891 by Jacko
So to the glove experts here, what's the difference between that Vallerret one for $110 and this one for $50  frdmgear.com/collections/frontpage/produ...ht-convertible-glove  

I might be missing the boat here on the finer differences, but the both look kind of the same?  :huh:

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614956 by Ira Weber

Rob Cline wrote: Found them, pricey, but decent reviews -  www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1368400-R...10_ipsoot_large.html

Who wants to be my secret Santa and pick these up for me?  

I'll need to casually send this thread to my wife (love you honey!).  

Best gloves on market!  They crushed Kickstarter 3 years ago -  www.kickstarter.com/projects/1823457299/...our-session-in-style

See yourself.  I have pair and will highly recommend.  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #615379 by Jeff B
I need a new set of gloves!  Santa already knows it too :)  Those and new jacket.  

5 years 5 months ago #615484 by Sassy Girl
Oh my, so many responses!  Thank you all.   I'm going to look at your suggestions today.  Thank you again! 

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #615522 by Office Guy
Nice set of gloves, what is the difference between deep winter and mild winter?  About a $30 difference in price.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024