Photographers gloves that work

5 years 5 months ago #613972 by Sassy Girl
I need to get a set of photographers gloves that actually are thin enough to work the cameras controls, but thick enough to keep my hands warm.  Have you had any success with any gloves?

Can you suggest a pair please? 

Thank you.

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #613983 by Nikon Shooter
There are quite a few battery heated gloves and boots
on the market but none are screen operation adequate
nor very fine for camera control.

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-battery-heated-gloves 

I use passive and better suited gloves… as I stand the
cold way better than most — being Canadian I guess.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #613985 by effron
Warm in what kind of weather? Here in New Hampshire winters, I've found nothing that will keep my hands warm and allow camera operation while wearing them. I buy good gloves and take them off when needed, the key for me is a couple pockets with hand warmers in them. The chemical kind work fine....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614026 by garyrhook
I have a pair of lambskin gloves that are thin enough to operate buttons. No touch screen on my camera. 

Suggest photographygloves.com for a possible product. 

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614049 by Sassy Girl
Good morning everyone!

Thank you for these tips.  I just love the photographygloves.com ones!  I need to head out, but from a quick glance, these really look good! 

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614076 by fmw
A couple of hand warmers in the jacket pocket should get the job done.  When you want to shoot, you just remove your hands from the pockets and shoot.

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614107 by Tristan R
Killer looking gloves

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614117 by icepics
I just usually take gloves off and put them back on, but then I don't do wildlife or other winter scenery that I'm out in the cold all that long. The most cold I'm in is an ice rink at a hockey game.

You better look at the Terms & Conditions of Purchase on that gloves site (company called Vallerret). It's not a US company; it's in Norway, with a 'fulfillment partner' in Holland and one in Michigan. Read under warranty; if you have a complaint you need to contact them. Payment only thru Paypal or Stripe (I'm not familiar with that). You have to pay any import duties or taxes. Broken link to more info. on shipping, although there's another section on delivery etc. that says 5-21 days.

I was on one of the European sites because the US site didn't have any info. at the bottom; all it had was FAQs which didn't connect/load.

Sharon
Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614124 by garyrhook

icepics wrote: I just usually take gloves off and put them back on, but then I don't do wildlife or other winter scenery that I'm out in the cold all that long. The most cold I'm in is an ice rink at a hockey game.

You better look at the Terms & Conditions of Purchase on that gloves site (company called Vallerret). It's not a US company; it's in Norway, with a 'fulfillment partner' in Holland and one in Michigan. Read under warranty; if you have a complaint you need to contact them. Payment only thru Paypal or Stripe (I'm not familiar with that). You have to pay any import duties or taxes. Broken link to more info. on shipping, although there's another section on delivery etc. that says 5-21 days.

I was on one of the European sites because the US site didn't have any info. at the bottom; all it had was FAQs which didn't connect/load.

Hm.

I suggested this company because they used to advertise on a podcast I listened to (which has since gone radio silent). The sponsored the podcast for quite a while, IIRC.

I order things from European companies with no trouble at all. Using PayPal and Stripe (also been around a while) lets someone else handle currency exchange and transaction fees. Nothing wrong with that. And yes, it can take a while.

Import duties are always paid by the buyer when they are levied. It all depends upon the countries for origin and destination. For example, we don't pay duty when shipping from Japan to the US. But Japan to elsewhere may very likely involve additional duty. Doesn't look like there's duty between Norway and the US either, from a quick search. I could be wrong.

Broken links are part of the interwebz and a fact of life. No conclusions can be drawn from said failures, I think.

Someone more clever than myself could google further and discover the B&H carries Vallerret gloves.. The company is pretty new, and perhaps may not last, but at the moment it looks like they sell actual products.

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614130 by KENT MELTON
Who cares where a company is out of?  As long as they stand behind their product and make it easy to order and receive.  I'm with you @icepics in such that I normally take off my gloves and put back on.  However had no idea that these sort of gloves with the tips that pop off existed.  Very cool! So wait, when the gloves are back on your fingers, is there a crack that allows cold or snow into your fingers?  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614133 by CaptNemo
Stay away from Rucpac gloves, mine lasted less than 2 weeks before stitching was coming out. 

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1194928-R...h_gloves_med_lg.html

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614135 by Rob Cline
Found them, pricey, but decent reviews -  www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1368400-R...10_ipsoot_large.html

Who wants to be my secret Santa and pick these up for me?  

I'll need to casually send this thread to my wife (love you honey!).  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614140 by Greg Friedman

CaptNemo wrote: Stay away from Rucpac gloves, mine lasted less than 2 weeks before stitching was coming out. 

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1194928-R...h_gloves_med_lg.html

OK, they aren't the warmest, I'll give you that much.  I picked up a pair of these last year, great for feeling buttons and switches.  No issues with the stitching, just not very warm.  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614161 by Glen Mosley
Good timing, I was just trying to find a pair of gloves for winter season.  So many to pick from!  

Photo Comments
5 years 5 months ago #614232 by Harrison J
You guys know this same company makes a liner you can pick up too

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1324019-R...no_liner_gloves.html

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024