Anyone else have knee or back pain?

7 months 3 weeks ago #755743 by Crammer
Today I woke up and really was feeling my age.  Tuesday this week we went on a long hike and I brought my camera gear and paying the price yesterday and today.  My knees and back feel horrible.  I'm going to take tomorrow off from work and I don't know, lay on my back all day!  

Photo Comments
7 months 3 weeks ago #755793 by Garbo
One of the main reasons I carry a much smaller camera bag these days! 

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
7 months 3 weeks ago #755801 by CharleyL
It's a sign of getting older, and trying to do something that uses the muscles that you haven't used to their limits in years or maybe ever. The older you get, the more difficult and painful doing something that you haven't done in years, or ever, will tell you about it the next day or week.

Charley

7 months 2 weeks ago #755996 by Carry
Winter times and early spring, yes both of my knees always bother me.  

Photo Comments
7 months 2 weeks ago #756159 by Zach Mosher
Have I had back pain?  yes.  But when I go out hiking I don't take all my gear with me.  These days I'm only taking a camera body, lens and MAYBE a spare lens with me.  Oh and extra batteries.  I travel very light. 

Photo Comments
7 months 1 week ago #756314 by Uplander
Horrible back pain last year.  But nothing long term happy to say.  But still I don't carry as much in my camera bag as I used too.  

Photo Comments
7 months 3 days ago #756553 by Ontherocks
Knock on wood, no

Photo Comments
6 months 4 weeks ago #756673 by Street Shark
Not yet, but my father did, and his father.  So crossing fingers!

Photo Comments
6 months 3 weeks ago #756706 by LensofNature
I have related musculoskeletal problems, mostly the muscles in my legs/knees, upper back, neck.  I just got over the flu which caused considerable weakness/loss of mobility in my legs for a few weeks.  I went on a short trail with a couple of slight inclines last week and I felt considerably de-conditioned.  I'm working with a physiotherapist to develop muscle strength.  Even prior to the flu, I was beginning to feel reduced stamina, so I bought an ergonomic backpack for my camera gear, with a chest and waist strap and thick shoulder straps.  I will pack maybe one or two extra lenses and my camera.  The worst is the flimsy bag for the tripod, which is heavier than the one I had before (it's a Surui traveller).  I have to slip it diagonally over my shoulders or else cradle it in my arm, which pulls on my neck, as does the camera strap (I have to get an ergonomic strap).  While it is often recommended to get close to the ground to get those great compositional photos, I can't do that (I've tried and ended up getting pain in my legs/knees and not having the strength to get up).  For that reason, I have put off buying zoom lenses that are very heavy to carry.  It would be great if they could come out with "accessible" camera equipment for persons with disabilities.

6 months 3 weeks ago #756889 by Jerrid
Woke up with a pretty nasty back pain this morning.  Perfect, just in time for the weekend!

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757977 by Duncan K
More reasons why I don't carry all my gear with me.  Just not built like I was when I was younger.  

5 months 2 weeks ago #758139 by Ivy Winchell
No (knock on wood).  However a close friend of mine had to stop using their backpacks nearly a year to allow proper recovery.  

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758140 by Screamin Scott
Yeah, it comes with age... I had a serious fall about a month ago. I passed out from a serious UTI infection. 8 stitches in my forehead later...Thing is, it sucks getting older. Like others, I have gone to lighter gear and I normally walk a mile every morning to try to stay in shape.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758141 by Screamin Scott
Yeah, it comes with age... I had a serious fall about a month ago. I passed out from a serious UTI infection. 8 stitches in my forehead later...Thing is, it sucks getting older. Like others, I have gone to lighter gear and I normally walk a mile every morning to try to stay in shape.

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758142 by Screamin Scott

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024