Live photography workshops with Mark Wallace!

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #226464 by markwallace

www.markwallaceworkshops.com

Hey photographers! You've probably seen my videos posted here on PT, but now I'm taking my teaching on the road! :woohoo:

I'm bringing four different classes to 7 cities: Phoenix , Seattle , Los Angeles , New York City , Dallas/Ft. Worth , Miami and Houston ! Don't miss this incredible opportunity to learn about all aspects of photography; studio lighting, basic skills, using your flash, post production techniques -- it's all covered.

These classes are a huge value at just $100 or less for 5-8 hours of teaching from me LIVE. You'll be able to watch live demonstrations, ask questions and try out your new knowledge on your breaks.

Here are some brief descriptions of the four workshops. Click on them to get detailed information about the class, and to find a class in a city near you!

*Lightroom 4 Workflow*
A complete overview of Lightroom 4. Learn how to import, organize, edit and publish your photos using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.

*Digital Photography: Essential Training*
A fun, educational and inspiring day of training with Mark Wallace. This workshop is perfect for anyone who is just beginning their journey as a photographer or those who have recently upgraded to a DSLR camera.

*Studio Lighting Essentials for Portrait Photography*
This workshop is everything you need to understand studio lighting; lights, modifiers, metering, working with models and more.

*Working With Speedlights*
Spend an afternoon with Mark Wallace as he teaches you how to get the most from you Canon or Nikon flash. You'l learn how to control your exposure, balance flash and ambient light and shoot in manual mode!
BONUS: If you don't live near one of these cities and are wanting to learn more about using speedlights, tune into my free 3-day workshop at creativeLIVE May 18-20! For more information, click here !
11 years 11 months ago #226475 by Studio Queen
What are the dates to these? :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #226478 by markwallace

Studio Queen wrote: What are the dates to these? :thumbsup:

Here are the dates for all 7 cities:

MAY 24-27, 2012
PHOENIX, AZ

JUNE 7-10, 2012
SEATTLE, WA

JUNE 14-17, 2012
LOS ANGELES, CA

JUNE 28-JULY 1, 2012
NEW YORK, NY

SEPTEMBER 20-23, 2012
DALLAS/FT. WORTH, TX

SEPTEMBER 27-30, 2012
MIAMI, FL

OCTOBER 4-7, 2012
HOUSTON, TX
11 years 11 months ago #226484 by Studio Queen
Time to check calender ;)

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #226497 by Flash Steven
Fan of your video's. I'll be checking my schedule too.

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 70-300mm f2.8; Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #226537 by Soccer Mom
For those who can't make it to any of the work shops, will there be DVD's for sale?

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #226543 by John37
Mark... seriously? No San Francisco? :(

Please don't make me drive to LA!

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
11 years 11 months ago #226614 by Mayo
New York :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #226630 by markwallace
There are two options available now:

Studio Lighting Essentials for those who want to learn about studio lighting.
www.studiolightingessentials.com

Speedlights 101 - creativeLIVE invited me to do an extended version of my "Working with Speedlights" workshop live in Seattle. It's a 3 day live broadcast that can be viewed anywhere in the world. You can also purchase the entire 3 days for viewing at a later time or for review.

www.creativelive.com/courses/speedlights-101-mark-wallace

I'm working on a Lightroom 4 and Digital Photography Basics course for download. Hopefully we'll have that by late summer.
11 years 11 months ago #226634 by markwallace
We'd LOVE to come to SF. Unfortunately it's very expensive to do these workshops and so we're visiting the cities where we know we have the largest audiences. If we're successful with the first few cities we'll be adding more cities later this year.

There are a lot of cities we'd like to add: Chicago, SF, Denver, Boston, Atlanta, and the list goes on...
11 years 11 months ago #226639 by questor886
Hopefully I will be back in Dallas when you are there. I really do not want to miss this.

11 years 11 months ago #226664 by Wild Mitch
I'm located in France, so getting to these will be impossible for me. I hope to see DVD's made available.

Mitch

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #226666 by markwallace

Wild Mitch wrote: I'm located in France, so getting to these will be impossible for me. I hope to see DVD's made available.

Mitch

There are two options available now:

Studio Lighting Essentials for those who want to learn about studio lighting.
www.studiolightingessentials.com

Speedlights 101 - creativeLIVE invited me to do an extended version of my "Working with Speedlights" workshop live in Seattle. It's a 3 day live broadcast that can be viewed anywhere in the world. You can also purchase the entire 3 days for viewing at a later time or for review.

www.creativelive.com/courses/speedlights-101-mark-wallace

I'm working on a Lightroom 4 and Digital Photography Basics course for download. Hopefully we'll have that by late summer.
11 years 11 months ago #226687 by John37

markwallace wrote: We'd LOVE to come to SF. Unfortunately it's very expensive to do these workshops and so we're visiting the cities where we know we have the largest audiences. If we're successful with the first few cities we'll be adding more cities later this year.

There are a lot of cities we'd like to add: Chicago, SF, Denver, Boston, Atlanta, and the list goes on...

Well, Mark, I'm "just a guy" :lol: , but I'd be willing to help in any way I could for you and your crew to do SF. Not sure what I could do, but if you need something, let me know. :thumbsup:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
11 years 11 months ago #226895 by The Original Daisy
Fan of your video's, I hope to attend myself. Will all locations cover the same course?

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024