NEW Portfolio page on PhotographyTalk

2 months 1 week ago #647742 by Alex
We have just gone live with new 'Portfolio' pages on the site.  All profiles will be converted to more professional portfolio pages that are aimed at show casing your work as top priority.  

When you access your portfolio, your gallery view will now be default.  Tabs along the top allow you to quickly and easily access your "Collections" (albums), your "Appreciations" (photos you have liked), "My wall" (your content stream) and inbox.  

There will be a number of features made available to you in upcoming weeks.  Stay tuned and let me know what you think of it.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #647771 by Amy Porter
Looks great Alex, keep up the good work here!  

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #647844 by tony-n-okc
The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #647897 by John Landolfi
How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #647909 by Ira Weber
Nice touch, I like the design layout.  +1 on adjusting question John asked.  

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #648035 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: The new Portfolio page doesn't seem to show the badges acquired anymore.  Is that coming back or part of the new design?

Hey Tony,

How are you doing over there?!  

Great question, that was one of the items I wanted to get feedback from others about.  Do you want that added back in there?  

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #648036 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: How does one edit their own collections and gallery? EG, there's an album in my collections that has nothing in it, How do I get rid of it?

Hi John!

How are you doing friend?  Are you in NYC or off traveling the globe somewhere?!

Yes to edit or delete an album is supper easy.  From your 'Collections' tab... do the following:

Photo Comments
Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #648063 by John Landolfi
Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #648071 by tony-n-okc
Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Photo Comments

2 months 6 days ago #648484 by garyrhook
I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Photo Comments

2 months 12 hours ago #649144 by Alex

garyrhook wrote: I think the layout is an improvement.

Most of my albums are still missing thumbnails, as they have been for months now.

The last photo in each album is mis-managed, made to be as wide as the rows above, and the image enlarged and clipped to the require width, rather than the last row being partial, with the images appropriately sized.

So: two bugs, one long-standing.

Hey Gary... can you do me a favor and re-check those items please?   We made some updates.  

Thanks!

Photo Comments

2 months 12 hours ago #649145 by Alex

tony-n-okc wrote: Doing well, thank you Alex. I consider the badges as identifiers to others who might view my gallery or profile. They let others know how long I've been involved with PT and how often I've interacted in the forums. I felt they present some level of credibility to comments I make or the photographs I present. Thanks for the great work you do on PT and the forums you provide us with.

Hey Tony!  Alright, consider it done... we'll get those added back in there.  Stay tuned friend!

Photo Comments

2 months 12 hours ago #649146 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Thanks, Alex. Got back from Ita;y in March, and I'm off to Seattle in a week. How's the family?

Brother you are always on the go!  That is just awesome!!

Any chance will you be in Seattle in August?  We are heading up there and driving up to Vancouver.  Would be awesome to see you.  I think the last time was 4 years ago!  My wife I'm sure would love to see you as well, 8 or 9 years since last time she saw you! 

Photo Comments

2 months 12 hours ago #649149 by John Landolfi
I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

Photo Comments

2 months 7 hours ago #649165 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: I'd love to see you both, and Caleb! I'll be leaving on July 30, after almost six weeks. I think Naomi would object to an extended stay...:cheer:

New York for Photo Plus this year?  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

In this Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 S review, learn about its specs, features, build quality, handling, price, and more.

Aug 13, 2019

The Fujifilm X-T2 might be three years old, but it's still a highly capable camera with specs and features that will suit just about any photographer in 2019.

Aug 12, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Sure, photography gear is expensive, but with these top gifts for photographers under $100, you can get your loved one an awesome gift without breaking the bank!

Aug 23, 2019

Photo by Martin dela Nougerede, UCL MSSL I was listening to a podcast the other day where I found out that there is a group of scientists (astrophysicists,...

Aug 23, 2019

If you're in the market for a gear upgrade, be sure you learn what to check when buying a used camera before you drop any cash on a new-to-you camera.

Aug 22, 2019

Where can you see the northern lights? All over the Northern Hemisphere...but the locations listed here are among the best sites to take in the view of the northern lights.

Aug 22, 2019

Shopping for photography insurance isn't exactly an excited venture, but with the best photography insurance companies of 2019/2020, you can at least get affordable coverage you need quickly and easily!

Aug 21, 2019

With a big budget, there's no end to what you can give your favorite photographer this holiday season. See what some of the best gifts for photographers under $2,500 are in 2019!

Aug 20, 2019

Photography clients can be hard to find and even harder to keep, but with these photography business tips, you'll learn how to retain clients for the long-term.

Aug 20, 2019

Though being a new photographer means you probably have a ton of questions, there are some beginner photography questions that professionals are tired of hearing.

Aug 19, 2019