Can I get some feedback/critique on my website please?

12 years 1 month ago #206012 by Stealthy Ninja
OK back on topic.

My main gripe with your site is this (and it's pretty darned important).

Say I'm a customer. I come to your site called: "Snow leopard animation" cool. I've been looking to get some animation work done. Excellent. I click on "animation" and I get this:

OK so this guy uses free software... why then can't I do that myself (I think as a customer) I can just go get the free software myself.

ALSO (here's the big thing). WHERE'S THE SAMPLES?! I'm not going to hire you to do animation work without some samples. Even if they're so so, I need to know you can do what I want you to do.

I've come to your site for animation, not some photo cropping bro.

See my point?

All said in love of course. :thumbsup:
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #206046 by mklinejr
Seems odd to use and not much content to look at.

the options tab hides behind the ads on the left side.

the digital art would be much better viewed if they would enlarge instead of being just a thumbnail size

if you can i would get rid of the ads they are distracting to me

with that said it is just my opinion if you are getting 1000 hits a month good job

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
12 years 1 month ago #206050 by mklinejr
PS had another thought

I have done my shop site and i try to keep it consistent and simple drawing them in to our outdoor power equipment store. A photography site and animation is gonna be more complex for slide show and things. I use an old copy of Dreamweaver MX and Images come from PS 5

check it out if you get any ideas great if not oh well LOL:cheers:

www.neidertsmowers.com

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
12 years 1 month ago #206051 by Stealthy Ninja

mklinejr wrote: with that said it is just my opinion if you are getting 1000 hits a month good job

1000 hits a month is a good indicator that people are looking someone to do animation.

But as I said, without some sorts of samples of his work, those 1000 hits are basically useless because it'll never turn into revenue.
12 years 1 month ago #206053 by mklinejr

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

mklinejr wrote: with that said it is just my opinion if you are getting 1000 hits a month good job

1000 hits a month is a good indicator that people are looking someone to do animation.

But as I said, without some sorts of samples of his work, those 1000 hits are basically useless because it'll never turn into revenue.

True and the op is looking for help and thats a good start to getting it to work for him

12 years 1 month ago #206056 by Stealthy Ninja

mklinejr wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

True and the op is looking for help and thats a good start to getting it to work for him

Right. Honestly I'd take out all the stuff about cropping etc. It just looks amateurish and most people can do that in free programs.

Just put in some animation and photo samples. Customers don't care about how you do it, it's the product that counts.
12 years 1 month ago #206077 by Stealthy Ninja
Just another thought. I think perhaps you got the wrong name. You describe your business as follows:

My current business is called Snow Leopard Animation
This business deals in Analog and Digital Film & Photo Cropping & Editing, Enhancement and Manipulation, & Digital Concept art, Websites, Graphic Design, On-Line Learning and Corporate & Product Branding. I have been in operation since 2002.

Where's "animation" in that list?
12 years 1 month ago #206131 by pottsy62
Thanks mklinejr & to Stealthy Ninja for your comments :goodpost: :thumbsup: :goodpost: I knew it was missing something, and it's that "WOW" factor that hits you when you get the B/W balance just right in a photo :banana:

Just ignore the site for a week or two, then I'll re-post after a chronic rebuild.:duel:

Hey, YOU... Yes - YOU...come and see my site...
:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206132 by pottsy62
Yep, absolutely Stealthy Ninja. And taken in the spirit it was intended! Thanks bro

:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206134 by pottsy62

geoffellis wrote:

steveheap wrote: Great comments - thanks! I had this neat idea of having graphical links to the different types of jewelry - pendants, necklaces etc, and then you would have images of the different sorts, and then you could choose which ones you want to buy. But I can see that this now just looks like a photography site where you look at a portfolio. I'll have to see how I can get the viewer to scratch that "buy it now" itch up front!

That will test my Wordpress skills to the limit!

Thanks again.

Steve

Ah I love the pictures... and the jewellery is very nice. And your approach was very logical and systematic... its the psychology that matters in sales though. Im not saying you need to directly modify your whole approach though, simply expand on it. The site is rather obviously a store once you start reading stuff... Im thinking perhaps. on the index page at the top where you do seem to have a featured set of products... on that blurb have pricing for the piece or something. then link to the post.

Its good to have outside perspective on things like this cause quite frankly, people are biased. For you, you know its a store. thats obvious to you lol. it probably never even crossed your mind that perhaps people wouldnt automatically know what you know heh

Anyways... to get back on topic... OP: Another reason to get rid of that center banner is that the ABN displayed... is wrong :P It shows 60 744 294 658 but it should really be 68 744 294 658 no? lol. Im not Australian so im not sure if there are any potential legal concerns about supplying a false ABN... but i doubt its acceptable ;)

YEP, I fcuked that one up :sick: :sick: :sick: nice pickup, and thanks!!!:thumbsup:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206192 by Stealthy Ninja
:thumbsup: I for one am looking forward to the rebuilt site. :)
12 years 1 month ago #206428 by pottsy62

Stealthy Ninja wrote: :thumbsup: I for one am looking forward to the rebuilt site. :)

Thanks for the support buddy. :cheers: The re-build has started, :duel: but have to help a daughter move this weekend and the next week. :thumbsup:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206530 by Stealthy Ninja
I was messing about today doing some digital painting and I decided to do a snow leopard.

Here's what I came up with:

If you want to use it, let me know (I put "proof" on it so no other person wandering by can steal it).

Note: That whole leopard was done with a mouse and photoshop. Here's what the whole thing is looking like (so far... still needs a little work here and there):

Gonna leave it for now and start again another day on it. Sometimes your eyes need a rest. Only took me 5 hours so far too. :pinch:
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #206563 by pottsy62

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I was messing about today doing some digital painting and I decided to do a snow leopard.

Here's what I came up with:

If you want to use it, let me know (I put "proof" on it so no other person wandering by can steal it).

Note: That whole leopard was done with a mouse and photoshop. Here's what the whole thing is looking like (so far... still needs a little work here and there):

Gonna leave it for now and start again another day on it. Sometimes your eyes need a rest. Only took me 5 hours so far too. :pinch:

You are the man! I'd LOVE to use it :cheers: :banana: :cheers:
I know the eyes can get a bit dodgy at times :pinch: but that is bloody good!

12 years 1 month ago #206566 by Darrell
Very Nice :judge:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024