Newly Relaunched Site

10 years 7 months ago #295309 by TvPhotos
I recently relaunched my website. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. http://www.tonyvasquez.net/

There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
10 years 7 months ago #295329 by garyrhook
Pretty colors.

The Clients link is "Not Found". That's a bad thing.

I think that it is a better choice to have no picture at all on one's About page, rather than an image of the photographer behind a camera. But that's just me.

Too many images for a portfolio. Edit, edit, edit. Be ruthless in judging yourself and culling out marginal images.

Suggesting improving sharpening skills.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: TvPhotos
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #295348 by TvPhotos

garyrhook wrote: Pretty colors.

The Clients link is "Not Found". That's a bad thing.

I think that it is a better choice to have no picture at all on one's About page, rather than an image of the photographer behind a camera. But that's just me.

Too many images for a portfolio. Edit, edit, edit. Be ruthless in judging yourself and culling out marginal images.

Suggesting improving sharpening skills.

Too images on the home slide show? Is that what you meant by portfolio? Fixed the Client link I have their galleries set in private so they weren't displaying without a password. Issue is now resolved thanks for the heads up. I appreciate your opinion about not posting an image with the photographer behind a camera I'll have to do some more self portraits I guess. LOL Do you think the images aren't sharp enough?

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #295393 by sleeper54

TvPhotos wrote: I recently relaunched my website. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. http://www.tonyvasquez.net/

You asked for it. ...:minism:...

1... 'Rotation' of pics seems fast to me on the home page. Maybe it is my DSL connection. But it does take a second or two for the pic to fully load then ...bam ...on to the next one. Do not spend lots of time on photographers' sites ...so I have no idea how others do it.

2... I consider myself a 'wordie' as well as a still-learning (very much so..!!) photographer ...so I really looked at your [About] page.

Introduce yourself..!! I should not have to go to your [Contact] page to learn your name.

Either a ' Hi, I am Tony Vasquez ' type of introduction . . .or sign (in text or your own handwriting, if legible) the bottom of your page text.

3... The [About] page. Ditto the thought about the 'behind the camera' pic. It might work if you add a real portrait shot elsewhere on the page. I think peeps wanna see you ...not your camera.

4... The 'eye' pic on your [Contact] page is creepy to me. The extra 'linear' stuff behind the eyelashes is odd to me. Is that the model's hair..?? And is that a bowl of gumballs..?? Just odd. Maybe just me.

5... The [Portraits] page is missing some 'sequenced' thumbnails. I would think this is already being addressed..??

6... A [Search] function..?? Not sure what I would be searching for.

The smugmug link overlays it also . . .causing problem ...depending on what screen size I am using. Leaving some 'dead space' under the list of links might help.

Anyway . . .just some thoughts. I will leave the pic/photography critiquing to those more qualified.

Overall I like it..!!

...tom...

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: TvPhotos
10 years 7 months ago #295684 by TvPhotos
Thank you for the feedback. I have done some tweaking such as I slowed down the home page slideshow. Fixed gallery display issues and dead links. I also added a new photo on my about me page and included more info on the page. I cleaned up side menu to eliminate search feature. As far the sharpening of the images they all have been sharpened?? Not sure how to improve that. Lastly the images I have selected on the homepage are a small sampling of different types of photography I shoot. They are what I consider my top 20 images and I'm not sure if that should be scaled down any more. What does anyone think? Again thanks for all the great feedback.

10 years 4 weeks ago #363555 by TvPhotos
I recently tweaked my website and also included a music blog page. Please check it out and I would love some feedback.  http://tonyvasquez.net

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024