Newly Relaunched Site

10 years 10 months ago #295309 by TvPhotos
I recently relaunched my website. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. http://www.tonyvasquez.net/

There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
10 years 10 months ago #295329 by garyrhook
Pretty colors.

The Clients link is "Not Found". That's a bad thing.

I think that it is a better choice to have no picture at all on one's About page, rather than an image of the photographer behind a camera. But that's just me.

Too many images for a portfolio. Edit, edit, edit. Be ruthless in judging yourself and culling out marginal images.

Suggesting improving sharpening skills.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: TvPhotos
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #295348 by TvPhotos

garyrhook wrote: Pretty colors.

The Clients link is "Not Found". That's a bad thing.

I think that it is a better choice to have no picture at all on one's About page, rather than an image of the photographer behind a camera. But that's just me.

Too many images for a portfolio. Edit, edit, edit. Be ruthless in judging yourself and culling out marginal images.

Suggesting improving sharpening skills.

Too images on the home slide show? Is that what you meant by portfolio? Fixed the Client link I have their galleries set in private so they weren't displaying without a password. Issue is now resolved thanks for the heads up. I appreciate your opinion about not posting an image with the photographer behind a camera I'll have to do some more self portraits I guess. LOL Do you think the images aren't sharp enough?

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #295393 by sleeper54

TvPhotos wrote: I recently relaunched my website. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. http://www.tonyvasquez.net/

You asked for it. ...:minism:...

1... 'Rotation' of pics seems fast to me on the home page. Maybe it is my DSL connection. But it does take a second or two for the pic to fully load then ...bam ...on to the next one. Do not spend lots of time on photographers' sites ...so I have no idea how others do it.

2... I consider myself a 'wordie' as well as a still-learning (very much so..!!) photographer ...so I really looked at your [About] page.

Introduce yourself..!! I should not have to go to your [Contact] page to learn your name.

Either a ' Hi, I am Tony Vasquez ' type of introduction . . .or sign (in text or your own handwriting, if legible) the bottom of your page text.

3... The [About] page. Ditto the thought about the 'behind the camera' pic. It might work if you add a real portrait shot elsewhere on the page. I think peeps wanna see you ...not your camera.

4... The 'eye' pic on your [Contact] page is creepy to me. The extra 'linear' stuff behind the eyelashes is odd to me. Is that the model's hair..?? And is that a bowl of gumballs..?? Just odd. Maybe just me.

5... The [Portraits] page is missing some 'sequenced' thumbnails. I would think this is already being addressed..??

6... A [Search] function..?? Not sure what I would be searching for.

The smugmug link overlays it also . . .causing problem ...depending on what screen size I am using. Leaving some 'dead space' under the list of links might help.

Anyway . . .just some thoughts. I will leave the pic/photography critiquing to those more qualified.

Overall I like it..!!

...tom...

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: TvPhotos
10 years 10 months ago #295684 by TvPhotos
Thank you for the feedback. I have done some tweaking such as I slowed down the home page slideshow. Fixed gallery display issues and dead links. I also added a new photo on my about me page and included more info on the page. I cleaned up side menu to eliminate search feature. As far the sharpening of the images they all have been sharpened?? Not sure how to improve that. Lastly the images I have selected on the homepage are a small sampling of different types of photography I shoot. They are what I consider my top 20 images and I'm not sure if that should be scaled down any more. What does anyone think? Again thanks for all the great feedback.

10 years 3 months ago #363555 by TvPhotos
I recently tweaked my website and also included a music blog page. Please check it out and I would love some feedback.  http://tonyvasquez.net

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024