Other than Photography - What other hobbies or interest do you have?

13 years 3 months ago #12998 by Karl Wertanen

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Rawley Photos wrote:

Alex wrote: I'm a speed freak, I like fast cars and making them go faster! ha ha ha

Fishing, camping and working with my hands too.

What kind of car do you drive? You can't go posting a statement like that with out posting a photo? :cheer:

716 RWHP supercharged Corvette, grocery getter!

Filming with Jay Leno

Spike TV last year, this aired on a 2 day Christmas special

Evil tires

Evil tires being taught lesson

NICE!

I saw a show the other day where Jay Leno drove a Porche around Talladega at 170MPH. That guy can actually drive.

You got a link so we can see you on TV? :woohoo:

Thanks bro! Yeah, Leno is way cool, not to mention very humble

Here is promo video that was done last year BEFORE larger motor and supercharger was placed in car:

Here is quick video I made just a few weeks ago, this is after new motor and larger supercharger installed :woohoo: :evil:

And here is the Leno video, this was filmed and aired nearly 2 years ago:http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/smokin-vettes/1091203/

If you watch the Fast and Furious 4 movie you will see my car in there also! For a whooping 2 seconds! LMAO!!!

Nothin beats the sound of a fat cam and headers! Oxygen sensors? NAHHH!!!!!
13 years 3 months ago #13056 by Alex
Karl you speak motor talk?! ha ha ha Awesome!

Yeah nothing beats a nice sounding cam, but what a PITA it was to tune the car with the built motor, the cam and supercharger!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13057 by Rob pix4u2
So what kind of blower do you have on it? I have a buddy who races his C-6 Vette on road courses. I raced my 'Stang on the 1/4 mile till I broke the engine( now looking to get it fixed ), always nice to hear from another motorhead.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13061 by Karl Wertanen

Alex wrote: Karl you speak motor talk?! ha ha ha Awesome!

Yeah nothing beats a nice sounding cam, but what a PITA it was to tune the car with the built motor, the cam and supercharger!

Yea i'll bet!
I know a thing or 2 about vehicles ( A little rusty though). I was ACE certified in all areas non-diesel. Worked at a Chrysler Jeep dealership for a # of years. Electrical and drivability were my strong areas. What i'm really good at though is metal work and paint (but didnt want to do it in a production shop because of the heath hazards). Metal work and paint is an art like photography. It's been a # of years though since i've worked in-depth on anything. Got out of it because the business side of it made it no longer enjoyable and not to mention the down turn in the economy here in Michigan. Michigan is pretty bad.

If you look back a few posts through this thread, you'll see my past and future projects.
13 years 3 months ago #13072 by photobod
I wonder how many topics start off with one subject and end in a totally different conversation, just like this one haha

[/b][/color]

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #13073 by photobod
sorry guys this was the only vehicle I cud find in my library, I prefer a good book meself

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #13075 by Karl Wertanen

photobod wrote: I wonder how many topics start off with one subject and end in a totally different conversation, just like this one haha

[/b][/color]

Is that you in that loader?
13 years 3 months ago #13076 by Alex

Rob pix4u2 wrote: So what kind of blower do you have on it? I have a buddy who races his C-6 Vette on road courses. I raced my 'Stang on the 1/4 mile till I broke the engine( now looking to get it fixed ), always nice to hear from another motorhead.

Awww that sucks! If it makes you feel better... after only have the car back for less than a month, my built transmission crapped on me! So the transmission was taken out on Thursday and right now is in route to Ohio for repair!

I have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger, I did have their 112 which is a small supercharger, but I liked the sound of that one when it got into boost better than the current one. What 1/4 mile times are you getting with your Stang? You running slicks?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13077 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Yea i'll bet!
I know a thing or 2 about vehicles ( A little rusty though). I was ACE certified in all areas non-diesel. Worked at a Chrysler Jeep dealership for a # of years. Electrical and drivability were my strong areas. What i'm really good at though is metal work and paint (but didnt want to do it in a production shop because of the heath hazards). Metal work and paint is an art like photography. It's been a # of years though since i've worked in-depth on anything. Got out of it because the business side of it made it no longer enjoyable and not to mention the down turn in the economy here in Michigan. Michigan is pretty bad.

If you look back a few posts through this thread, you'll see my past and future projects.

That is awesome! So you are are the go to guy for paint! That takes time to master, good for you! I don't blame you bro, gotta keep doing what makes you happy!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13083 by Rob pix4u2

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Yea i'll bet!

Hey Karl I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee that we off-road in Tennessee and Colorado in the summers- do you do any jeeping ?

Rob Huelsman Sr.

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #13084 by Rob pix4u2

Alex wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote: So what kind of blower do you have on it? I have a buddy who races his C-6 Vette on road courses. I raced my 'Stang on the 1/4 mile till I broke the engine( now looking to get it fixed ), always nice to hear from another motorhead.

Awww that sucks! If it makes you feel better... after only have the car back for less than a month, my built transmission crapped on me! So the transmission was taken out on Thursday and right now is in route to Ohio for repair!

I have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger, I did have their 112 which is a small supercharger, but I liked the sound of that one when it got into boost better than the current one. What 1/4 mile times are you getting with your Stang? You running slicks?

14s on street tires at 100mph through 4th gear. I have a 3.55 rear end in it and a little computer work because it was my daily driver till I got my Jeep

Rob Huelsman Sr.

13 years 3 months ago #13086 by Alex

Rob pix4u2 wrote:

Alex wrote:

14s on street tires at 100mph through 4th gear. I have a 3.55 rear end in it and a little computer work because it was my daily driver till I got my Jeep

Nice! Mustangs are fun cars to tool around with. So many mod's you add to them! I was just looking at the new Jeep's last week. Need to get something more rugged for hauling my photography stuff around.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13087 by photobod
No its a nice young lady that works on the farm I used to live on

www.dcimages.org.uk

13 years 3 months ago #13089 by Karl Wertanen

Rob pix4u2 wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Yea i'll bet!

Hey Karl I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee that we off-road in Tennessee and Colorado in the summers- do you do any jeeping ?

Yes we actually do Rob. We bought an 07 Liberty about a year ago. We took to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over the summer and bounced around some of the old sandpit filled 2track roads in the woods that run near and along Lake Superior. That was fun. It needs new tires pretty soon so i'm going to put Firestone Mud Terrains on it. Stock size though. I'd also like to add just an inch to the suspension. They look pretty sweet w/just a slight lift. It's Inferno Red like your grand. (atleast yours looks like the Inferno Red).

I had for a while a black 81 full size Blazer w/a 3"lift and some fatty fat fat BFG mud-terrains on white wagon wheels. It looked burly! Needed a trans when it was given to me (by one of my old shop teachers) and it sat behind my garage for years and years. I just had to many projects going on at once and just couldnt deal w/it in any kind of time. I had a friend who kept asking about it so i gave it to him. I know he would get some use out of it real quick. That was about a month ago. He already has a trans in it and is ready to take me out and let me do some crawling.
13 years 3 months ago #13090 by Karl Wertanen

photobod wrote: No its a nice young lady that works on the farm I used to live on

Lol, Sorry.. I didnt concentrate too hard on the person inside lol. My mistake :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024