Other than Photography - What other hobbies or interest do you have?

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13091 by Karl Wertanen

Rob pix4u2 wrote:

Alex wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote: So what kind of blower do you have on it? I have a buddy who races his C-6 Vette on road courses. I raced my 'Stang on the 1/4 mile till I broke the engine( now looking to get it fixed ), always nice to hear from another motorhead.

Awww that sucks! If it makes you feel better... after only have the car back for less than a month, my built transmission crapped on me! So the transmission was taken out on Thursday and right now is in route to Ohio for repair!

I have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger, I did have their 112 which is a small supercharger, but I liked the sound of that one when it got into boost better than the current one. What 1/4 mile times are you getting with your Stang? You running slicks?

14s on street tires at 100mph through 4th gear. I have a 3.55 rear end in it and a little computer work because it was my daily driver till I got my Jeep

My 57 GMC has a 4.60 rear axle and can pull a house down at an idle lol. 1st gear maxes out at 3mph @ 5500rpm lol. (It's a stick - 4 on the floor) and can get rolling w/out any throttle in 3rd gear lol. All stock w/a 347ci V8
13 years 3 months ago #13093 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote:

Alex wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote: So what kind of blower do you have on it? I have a buddy who races his C-6 Vette on road courses. I raced my 'Stang on the 1/4 mile till I broke the engine( now looking to get it fixed ), always nice to hear from another motorhead.

Awww that sucks! If it makes you feel better... after only have the car back for less than a month, my built transmission crapped on me! So the transmission was taken out on Thursday and right now is in route to Ohio for repair!

I have a Magnuson 2300 supercharger, I did have their 112 which is a small supercharger, but I liked the sound of that one when it got into boost better than the current one. What 1/4 mile times are you getting with your Stang? You running slicks?

14s on street tires at 100mph through 4th gear. I have a 3.55 rear end in it and a little computer work because it was my daily driver till I got my Jeep

My 57 GMC has a 4.60 rear axle and can pull a house down at an idle lol. 1st gear maxes out at 3mph @ 5500rpm lol. (It's a stick - 4 on the floor) and can get rolling w/out any throttle in 3rd gear lol. All stock w/a 347ci V8

Those are some short gears you have in that! :woohoo:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13099 by Karl Wertanen

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote:

Alex wrote:

Those are some short gears you have in that! :woohoo:

I know! It's insane! Those old trucks were made for 1 thing only and thats burly work. No highway cruisin. It's all stock too. All #'s match
13 years 3 months ago #13100 by photobod
no problem Karl I wont hold it against you, I do have a femenine side but its not that out in the open haha

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #13364 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Rawley Photos wrote:

Alex wrote: I'm a speed freak, I like fast cars and making them go faster! ha ha ha

Fishing, camping and working with my hands too.

What kind of car do you drive? You can't go posting a statement like that with out posting a photo? :cheer:

716 RWHP supercharged Corvette, grocery getter!

Filming with Jay Leno

Spike TV last year, this aired on a 2 day Christmas special

Evil tires

Evil tires being taught lesson

NICE!

I saw a show the other day where Jay Leno drove a Porche around Talladega at 170MPH. That guy can actually drive.

You got a link so we can see you on TV? :woohoo:

Thanks bro! Yeah, Leno is way cool, not to mention very humble

Here is promo video that was done last year BEFORE larger motor and supercharger was placed in car:

Here is quick video I made just a few weeks ago, this is after new motor and larger supercharger installed :woohoo: :evil:

And here is the Leno video, this was filmed and aired nearly 2 years ago:http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/smokin-vettes/1091203/

If you watch the Fast and Furious 4 movie you will see my car in there also! For a whooping 2 seconds! LMAO!!!

Thanks man.

Yeah, Leno seems like a cool guy. We don't get his show here, but from what I've seen he's cool.
13 years 3 months ago #14708 by Alex
I like playing Texas Hold'em, about once a month we have hard night over at my soon to be brother in laws place. Always good time.

Anyone else enjoy a good card game with friends?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #14859 by Silver Fox
I like playing golf, although I'm not all that good at it. Always a good excuse to get out with the guys and have a couple beers.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #14901 by Rob pix4u2
Ahhh Golf hitting a little white ball with sticks. Love to play at it but also not very good but it's a nice walk on a summers day with my sons and wife .

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #14974 by Alex

Silver Fox wrote: I like playing golf, although I'm not all that good at it. Always a good excuse to get out with the guys and have a couple beers.

I'm with you, I'm not all that great at golf. My brother however is very good, he has been playing for years. I was just talking about wanting to get a set of clubs, but I have no time as it is!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15030 by Scotty

Alex wrote:

Silver Fox wrote: I like playing golf, although I'm not all that good at it. Always a good excuse to get out with the guys and have a couple beers.

I'm with you, I'm not all that great at golf. My brother however is very good, he has been playing for years. I was just talking about wanting to get a set of clubs, but I have no time as it is!

I'm ok at golf, but I play a lot of hockey.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15034 by Alex

Scotty wrote:

Alex wrote:

I'm ok at golf, but I play a lot of hockey.

You guys have the cold weather for it!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15036 by crystal

Alex wrote:

ewww golf. lol Sorry had too say it. My father in law loves playing golf. He is addicted to it. Before he retired, he would leave work on nice days to golf. My husband was also into golfing, but hasn't in awhile. Still has his clubs, in case he goes golfing with his father. My mother in law also golfs, but no where near as much as my FIL. The inlaws and my husband decided to go hit some balls one day. Of course I was dragged along and my MIL insisted I at least hit one ball. I did, and learned although I can hit the ball, it's best I do not golf (can I say this on the boards)... my boobs are in the way. lol :)
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #15066 by Scotty

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Alex wrote:

ewww golf. lol Sorry had too say it. My father in law loves playing golf. He is addicted to it. Before he retired, he would leave work on nice days to golf. My husband was also into golfing, but hasn't in awhile. Still has his clubs, in case he goes golfing with his father. My mother in law also golfs, but no where near as much as my FIL. The inlaws and my husband decided to go hit some balls one day. Of course I was dragged along and my MIL insisted I at least hit one ball. I did, and learned although I can hit the ball, it's best I do not golf (can I say this on the boards)... my boobs are in the way. lol :)

Nothing duct tape can't fix.

Zing!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #15102 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Alex wrote:

Zing!

and a little body glitter.
13 years 3 months ago #15107 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Alex wrote:

Zing!

and a little body glitter.

Zing!:ohmy:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024