Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

13 years 2 months ago #12040 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Am I right that you need to post here... wait 3 days and if no one posts in 3 days you win?!

This could go on for years...

Or is it, the thread needs to be left alone for 3 days... then you post... no one else posts after you... and then you win?!

So it's basically impossible to win.... ahhh I getz it... I think.... :S

You are correct, if there is 3 days of no activity in this thread and your post is the last one, then you win! Not impossible, I've seen it come close a number of times.

It's a game of chance, persistence and "what if". LOL Good luck bro!

LOL well we can try. What if you post, there's no activity for 3 days, the 3.5 days later someone else posts? Does that still count?
13 years 2 months ago #12042 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Am I right that you need to post here... wait 3 days and if no one posts in 3 days you win?!

This could go on for years...

Or is it, the thread needs to be left alone for 3 days... then you post... no one else posts after you... and then you win?!

So it's basically impossible to win.... ahhh I getz it... I think.... :S

You are correct, if there is 3 days of no activity in this thread and your post is the last one, then you win! Not impossible, I've seen it come close a number of times.

It's a game of chance, persistence and "what if". LOL Good luck bro!

LOL well we can try. What if you post, there's no activity for 3 days, the 3.5 days later someone else posts? Does that still count?

Nope at 3 days game over you win.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #12044 by McBeth Photography
McBeth Photography wrote:
Thats what I was thinking, I need to get back to my homework pretty soon. I'm studying about Nikola Tesla for my intro to electricity class....Dude was a total FREAK! (meaning brilliant, in a freakish and almost sinister kind of way!)

Fun contest though!

Only thing I know of him is the electric car named after him and the movie "The Illusionist". I wonder how much of that movie is true?

Check this link out on Tesla;

www.badassoftheweek.com/tesla.html

Dude is not kidding at all in that write up.

It is what it is.
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #12045 by Stealthy Ninja

^^^ I just noticed this dude looks exactly like Alex. :woohoo:
13 years 2 months ago #12047 by McBeth Photography
:P

It is what it is.
13 years 2 months ago #12048 by Monster

McBeth Photography wrote: McBeth Photography wrote:
Thats what I was thinking, I need to get back to my homework pretty soon. I'm studying about Nikola Tesla for my intro to electricity class....Dude was a total FREAK! (meaning brilliant, in a freakish and almost sinister kind of way!)

Fun contest though!

Only thing I know of him is the electric car named after him and the movie "The Illusionist". I wonder how much of that movie is true?

That was very cool... now how much of that is true. For example is there any supporting evidence of this:

"One time, while he was working on magnetic resonance, he discovered the resonant frequency of the Earth and caused an earthquake so powerful that it almost obliterated the 5th Avenue New York building that housed his Frankenstein Castle of a laboratory. Stuff was flying off the walls, the drywall was breaking apart, the cops were coming after him, and Tesla had to smash his device with a sledge hammer to keep it from demolishing an entire city block. Later, he boasted that he could have built a device powerful enough to split the Earth in two. Nobody dared him to prove it."

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #12049 by Stealthy Ninja

Monster wrote:

Fun contest though!

That was very cool... now how much of that is true. For example is there any supporting evidence of this:

"One time, while he was working on magnetic resonance, he discovered the resonant frequency of the Earth and caused an earthquake so powerful that it almost obliterated the 5th Avenue New York building that housed his Frankenstein Castle of a laboratory. Stuff was flying off the walls, the drywall was breaking apart, the cops were coming after him, and Tesla had to smash his device with a sledge hammer to keep it from demolishing an entire city block. Later, he boasted that he could have built a device powerful enough to split the Earth in two. Nobody dared him to prove it."

No that's not real. Chuck Norris was just time travelling and Tesla took credit for it.
13 years 2 months ago #12050 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Funny story... when I was a teenager, my brother and I were clearing out and burning tree's and brush to make room for a camp ground space where we lived in upstate NY. The following day my mother wakes us up for school and my entire body head to toe is swollen up very bad. I get rushed to hospital to find out that I had a severe reaction to breathing in the smoke from burning poison sumac trees the day before! Any rate my eyes were also swollen and I looked of Asian. So what did my mother do? Took a photo of me with one of these Asian hats on! ha ha ha

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #12051 by Monster

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Monster wrote:

Fun contest though!

No that's not real. Chuck Norris was just time travelling and Tesla took credit for it.

LOL Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #12054 by McBeth Photography
Tesla was fascinated with frequencies, and experimented with them constantly. Yeah its all real, documented by the NYPD, newspapers, etc. Google images has some pretty cool images when you search "Nikola Tesla".

Bottom line though is Tesla did more to advance us to the information age from the Industrial Age than any other inventor.

A lot of times he would see his invention in his head, make adjustments, engineer the frequency used, build a prototype in his head, test the invention, and make adjustments and THEN build the actual prototype and it would work flawlessly. Now Edison on the other hand took 10,000 trys at making a light bulb...both were brilliant men just different methods.

It is what it is.
13 years 2 months ago #12055 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Funny story... when I was a teenager, my brother and I were clearing out and burning tree's and brush to make room for a camp ground space where we lived in upstate NY. The following day my mother wakes us up for school and my entire body head to toe is swollen up very bad. I get rushed to hospital to find out that I had a severe reaction to breathing in the smoke from burning poison sumac trees the day before! Any rate my eyes were also swollen and I looked of Asian. So what did my mother do? Took a photo of me with one of these Asian hats on! ha ha ha

13 years 2 months ago #12056 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Oh h*ll no! You can't make up stuff like that! LOL!! Really though, I have no clue where that photo ended up. I should ask her to see if she has. That would be funny to see, even at my own expense!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #12057 by Alex

McBeth Photography wrote: Tesla was fascinated with frequencies, and experimented with them constantly. Yeah its all real, documented by the NYPD, newspapers, etc. Google images has some pretty cool images when you search "Nikola Tesla".

Bottom line though is Tesla did more to advance us to the information age from the Industrial Age than any other inventor.

A lot of times he would see his invention in his head, make adjustments, engineer the frequency used, build a prototype in his head, test the invention, and make adjustments and THEN build the actual prototype and it would flawlessly. Now Edison on the other hand took 10,000 trys at making a light bulb...both were brilliant men just different methods.

Interesting fun fact. I respect that, super smart guy he was!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #12060 by Stealthy Ninja
Tesla was only smart because he electrified his neurons all the time. ;)
13 years 2 months ago #12061 by McBeth Photography
lol!

It is what it is.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

The Nikon Zf is a retro-inspired full frame camera that offers modern technologies like a back-illuminated sensor and 4K/60p video capabilities. Is it worth the price, though? Let’s find out!

Feb 16, 2024

The Ricoh GR IIIx is a premium compact camera with capable photo and video specs and a size that makes it easy to carry. Is it the right option for you? Let’s find out!

Jan 24, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Learning how to shoot in manual mode can be scary, but with this straightforward tutorial, you'll learn the basics of manual mode - and fast!

Mar 18, 2024

The Panasonic Lumix GX9 is a compact camera loaded with features that have made it a favorite of travel and street photographers. What are some of those features? Let’s find out!

Mar 18, 2024

The client experience is key to building a successful photography brand - you need your clients to come back over and over again. Offering many types of prints will help you do that!

Mar 15, 2024

A camera bag is much more than a simple vessel for transporting your gear. Instead, it’s an item that protects your gear, keeps it organized, and helps you be better prepared for photoshoots.

Mar 13, 2024

There are many different steps to take to build a photography brand - from defining who you are as a photographer to building an online presence to getting physical prints for your clients.

Mar 13, 2024

The Nikon Z lens family has many different options for your photography needs. But if you had to pick just one all-around lens, it should be the 24-70mm f/2.8S. Why? Let’s find out!

Mar 06, 2024

Travel photography often involves a healthy dose of selfies, especially if you’re traveling solo. But there are many other portrait ideas you can try to capture the essence of your travels!

Mar 06, 2024

With proper outdoor photography lighting, you can create incredible portraits with the right balance between shadows and highlights. And with Hobolite, you can do so in inclement weather, too!

Mar 05, 2024