Photos printing with an ORANGE tint?

12 years 3 months ago #203874 by taylorlynn
Thanks everyone for all your responses, I greatly appreciate the help!

This seems like quite a bit of work and I don't even understand it all...
I just do this as a hobby and it's starting to become more of a chore unfortunately =(

Perhaps I will just call Canon and see if they are aware of anything.

Thanks again!

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203962 by Henry Peach
I can't read the exif data of the sample pic. It would be nice to know what the white balance is set at.

Without a proper calibration it is common to see significant color differences between monitors and prints.

Make sure you aren't having an improper color space switch between software. For raw it doesn't matter, but once you convert to anything else it's important to maintain the same color space or make the proper conversion. Just make sure everything is set to sRGB for now.

Take your files to a full service lab, where you can speak with a lab tech that knows what they are doing, and have them print each file twice: once with corrections and once without. Can they correct the orange tint? How much did they have to adjust it? Do they have any suggestions?

When I first started using digital equipment my photos were often too yellow. So yellow the lab couldn't add enough blue to deal with it. I bought a proper calibration kit and began calibrating my monitors one a month. The problem was solved.

Tungsten lighting, and some other kinds of artificial lights, is orange. The midday sun is our standard for white light. If it is low in the sky it goes orange because the red end of the visual spectrum travels farther through the atmosphere than the blue end.
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204038 by taylorlynn
Joves, forgive me if I am being ignorant, but why would I need to calibrate MY printer if mine isn't doing the printing. Clients will receive digital copies of their pictures and printer themselves, not on my printer. I hardly print, just lately to test the orange issue...

I believe my camera is defaulted to use sRGB as is PSE8.

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204102 by Henry Peach
If you aren't doing the printing you just need to calibrate your monitor. You will need a color calibration device such as colormunki.com/
11 years 7 months ago #258233 by NJNightRider
Canon EOS T1i Camera
Canon Pro 9000 Mkii Printer
Spyder 3 Express Monitor Color calibrator

Have read all postings to this thread.

I too get this orange cast .. Monitor colors look great. Send to printer , orange cast.
Have followed steps to make Elements control color during printing, turning off printer color control.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this off color? Suggestions .. :please:

Just joined the forum today.

Thanks for any help .

WIll

11 years 7 months ago #258235 by effron

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #273504 by Brendaleephotography
I am to having the same problem with my T3i i have a few complaints about when my customers print there photos of a orange tint.

11 years 3 months ago #273513 by P2CDude
have you run a nozzle check on the printer? Possible that one of the colors is not printing properly and its a printer problem not a computer/camera issue.... just a thought

While Alive...Live....If you Love It...Print it!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Having a zoom lens in your bag is like having a jack of all trades. These lenses cover broad focal ranges so you can use one lens for multiple photographic pursuits.

May 28, 2024

Capturing beautiful portraits requires an understanding of compositional techniques (and a lot of other things). In this guide, learn how to master low-angle portrait composition for beautiful results!

May 28, 2024

Tree photography is an interesting genre of landscapes that use the size, shape, and texture of trees as the primary element of interest. With these quick tips, you can master the art of photographing trees!

May 24, 2024

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024