Worst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

11 years 11 months ago #228697 by Janos
There are some idiots out there. Seriously what were they thinking? shine.yahoo.com/parenting/worst-parent-w...chine-183500809.html

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228717 by geoffellis
Okay... it was a stupid thing to do... but you dont need to add misinformation to make it sound worse. the "Dad" did not "Turn it on". It started automatically when he shut the door. Sure the action of closing it initiated the cycle... but your statement makes it sound like he deliberately started the cycle... which there is no evidence of.
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #228729 by effron
Being stupid doesn't disqualify one from being a dad. The guy goofed and was obviously in anguish. I'm betting he got a whiff of a dirty diaper and took action....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228800 by Stealthy Ninja
Yeh I think he was just messing about playing with the kid. Obvious he didn't do it on purpose.

I bet he won't do it again, that's for sure.
11 years 11 months ago #228826 by Tsoto
I'm sorry but I don't see anything funny about kidding around with tossing your kid into a washing machine. Would you play around and toss your kid in a oven? Common sense is seriously lacking here. Messing around or not, that's just stupidity at it's finest.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228833 by Stealthy Ninja

Tsoto wrote: I'm sorry but I don't see anything funny about kidding around with tossing your kid into a washing machine. Would you play around and toss your kid in a oven? Common sense is seriously lacking here. Messing around or not, that's just stupidity at it's finest.

Who said it was funny?
11 years 11 months ago #228835 by Dori
I just can't fathom why they would have done this...:blink:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

11 years 11 months ago #228838 by Stealthy Ninja

Dori wrote: I just can't fathom why they would have done this...:blink:

A guy who didn't think very much.
11 years 11 months ago #228905 by Dori
Yeah. Sad:(

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

11 years 11 months ago #228910 by icepics
I think the OP was just posting the title of the video as the subject on here... The parents might not have realized once the door was closed the washing machine would automatically turn on, but it's completely irresponsible and dangerous to put a child in a machine. They were lucky someone working there was able to shut it off and get it open before it completely filled with water.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228969 by Cre8tivefix
When I saw this a few things struck me... the mom watched him do it and didn't stop him... so she's not off the hook on this either. And then the guy who shows up at the bottom of the screen to just stare at what's going on.... doesn't go get help or anything. Yeah... not a stellar day for anyone there. Definitely a Giant DUH moment... or as Jeff Foxworthy used to say... "Here's your sign"

11 years 11 months ago #229092 by Soccer Mom
Let's just hope those are not representation of tomorrows leaders :rofl:

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #231872 by cabraham
I was also shocked by the vid! This is not funny at all! :/ of course that dad didn't do it on purpose, but it wasn't clever anyway!

11 years 11 months ago #231894 by KenMan
I wonder if this father and this mother shown in this news article know each other:

Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car
gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mother-dri...news-topstories.html

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #232121 by Archie
OMG, what idiots

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024