The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

5 years 4 months ago #622426 by GaryA
Merry Christmas One and All!

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 4 months ago #623005 by GaryA
Okay ... I am back after a Christmas recess.  Buenos Noches Fellow Photographytalkers.  A quick update ... in today's LA Times (12-28-18) ... there is a special section titled 'The Year of Disruption".  It is full of incredible photographs from the California mudslides to Parkland to Migrant Family Separations to California Wildfires to War in Syria and Yemen, et cetera.  Well worth viewing.  Each photo is worth more than a thousand words.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

5 years 4 months ago #624370 by GaryA
and Happy New Year!

5 years 4 months ago #624371 by GaryA
Okay, Alabama vs. Clemson ... where's the smart money?

5 years 4 months ago #624374 by Stefan-Olsson
I play:).....................

Today is a rainy day in Los Angeles (Koreatown) to be specific.

All chores are done, bills are paid, no work today so Im going to lounge and relax and edit photos all day long.

oh yeah.....I'm drinking coffee right now.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 4 months ago #624422 by GaryA
What kind of coffee?

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #624423 by GaryA

Stefan-Olsson wrote: I play:).....................

Today is a rainy day in Los Angeles (Koreatown) to be specific.

All chores are done, bills are paid, no work today so Im going to lounge and relax and edit photos all day long.

oh yeah.....I'm drinking coffee right now.

PS- Lazy day for moi as well.  Up @ 5:00a.m., prepped for my early morning at CSULA, hit CSULA, walked the dog ... took care of emails ... invited a few guests to come over and watch the game. The sun is finally breaking through and I'm working on some photos.  

Have you seen the snow?  Looks like it's down to 4,000'.

5 years 4 months ago #624427 by Alex
Ha!  I'm just south of you in Irvine, we should catch up some time to go shooting!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #624428 by Alex
Snow definitely came down a bit.  

We brought our son to see snow for the first time last Thursday to Mountain High... nothing but made made snow.  

This screen shot was taken from my phone yesterday morning from their web cam as the sun was coming up:

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 4 months ago #624429 by GaryA
Yes you are.  Just PM me and we'll work out the details. I'm in La Mirada.

5 years 4 months ago #624430 by GaryA
Mary Lou, my much better half, loves to ski and she is going nuts with the snow.

5 years 4 months ago #624432 by Alex

GaryA wrote: Mary Lou, my much better half, loves to ski and she is going nuts with the snow.

I don't blame her.  Unless you drive up to Mammoth, the local mountains are pretty weak this year.  We needed this snow.  This weekend coming up should dump a ton more onto the mountains as well.  

What about you Gary... do you ski or snowboard?  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #624433 by Alex

GaryA wrote: Yes you are.  Just PM me and we'll work out the details. I'm in La Mirada.

PM sent! 

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #624436 by Ruby Grace
Alex are you from California?  

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #624440 by Alex

Ruby Grace wrote: Alex are you from California?  

No, Update NY.  Cow country to be exact.  LOL 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024