economic recovery

13 years 6 months ago #3147 by redhouseaudio
What would you say would be a good strategy for economic recovery?

13 years 6 months ago #3164 by Azalea
I am not sure what a good plan is, but I think we need to rethink the way we are doing things now.

13 years 6 months ago #3184 by rambler
We definately need to fix the budget and the deficet.

13 years 6 months ago #3247 by otomarshal
A good start would be to cut a lot of spending and put money into programs to help new businesses get going.

13 years 6 months ago #3251 by skimble
This may seem harsh but I say throw everyone out of office and let's start over. lol

13 years 6 months ago #3266 by jerseyshorequeen
skimble, that is not harsh, I agree with you. Start fresh and then maybe we can start to recover our economy.

13 years 6 months ago #4041 by effron
No, throw another couple trillion at companies that have already failed, so they can make the same mistakes again, this time with our children's money.....:dry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 6 months ago #4183 by Chas-K
Have Congress act like Americans first and politicians second. Face the fact(s) that life isn't going to be the same for quite awhile or maybe never (except for the very rich and super rich), that we can't keep up with the entitlements that everybody wants and that if we really want to get things straight lets think about sacrifice for all of us not just the unemployed. The gravy train we've been on is totally derailedand will take congressional LEADERS to talk about bi-partisan SOLUTIONS instead of party line politics (blaming the other side for all the problems and offering no solutions). Both parties have had their days of creating problems while in office.

13 years 6 months ago #4259 by Joves

Chas-K wrote: Have Congress act like Americans first and politicians second. Face the fact(s) that life isn't going to be the same for quite awhile or maybe never (except for the very rich and super rich), that we can't keep up with the entitlements that everybody wants and that if we really want to get things straight lets think about sacrifice for all of us not just the unemployed. The gravy train we've been on is totally derailedand will take congressional LEADERS to talk about bi-partisan SOLUTIONS instead of party line politics (blaming the other side for all the problems and offering no solutions). Both parties have had their days of creating problems while in office.

I have to agree with you. Another thing we need to is actually reform the finacial sysem back to good fundamentals. When the Congress repealed the Glass-Steagall Act they pretty much got rid of sound priciples in lending. Also the Derivatives need to be eliminated, they were scam instruments from the word go, they were also one of the leading causes of the fall. What has been done so far has only bought us some time before the real collapse. Unless we return to sound economic principles we are doomed to repeat the same tradgedy.
People also need to start thinking out of the two party political box. The current two party system is rife with corruption. They have been in power for so long that they have forgotten that they are supposed to serve the people of their states and districts. Instead they serve those with enough money to build their campaign war chests. Third parties strictly get their money from the common people and, they know who they serve, it is time to give them a shot. It isnt like they can mess up worse than the other two already have.

13 years 2 months ago #23669 by Scotty
Have BH give half of their profits to kill our debt to china. The way we buy camera stuff, it'd just be a few weeks. :toocrazy:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23750 by Nod
I agree that the two party system does not work. I would like to see at least 3 parties and in order to win office the person would have to get at least 51% of the total vote. Also I would like to see no consecutive terms, serve one and out, then sit out a term and then you could run again. That way nobody ever becomes so powerful that they can force the other office holders to vote their way. And end or cut back on entitlements. No welfare for life.

13 years 2 months ago #23772 by Scotty

Nod wrote: I agree that the two party system does not work. I would like to see at least 3 parties and in order to win office the person would have to get at least 51% of the total vote. Also I would like to see no consecutive terms, serve one and out, then sit out a term and then you could run again. That way nobody ever becomes so powerful that they can force the other office holders to vote their way. And end or cut back on entitlements. No welfare for life.

Get rid of lobbyists ;)

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #24014 by sniffey
Give everybody over 55 a million dollars on the condition that they retire from the work force and pay off any existing mortgages, credit cards, loans and other outstanding amounts. That would open up millions of jobs for the younger people and let older people enjoy life before they get too old to enjoy it. We're supposed to work now until we're 72. How are we going to enjoy retirement at that age?

13 years 2 months ago #24098 by Todd Phillips

sniffey wrote: Give everybody over 55 a million dollars on the condition that they retire from the work force and pay off any existing mortgages, credit cards, loans and other outstanding amounts. That would open up millions of jobs for the younger people and let older people enjoy life before they get too old to enjoy it. We're supposed to work now until we're 72. How are we going to enjoy retirement at that age?

I like your idea! :beerbang:

13 years 2 months ago #24123 by Scotty

sniffey wrote: Give everybody over 55 a million dollars on the condition that they retire from the work force and pay off any existing mortgages, credit cards, loans and other outstanding amounts. That would open up millions of jobs for the younger people and let older people enjoy life before they get too old to enjoy it. We're supposed to work now until we're 72. How are we going to enjoy retirement at that age?

As long as i'm in that age bracket without being that age, i'll agree with it. :banana:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024