carrying firearms !!!

13 years 1 month ago #54847 by photobod
In the UK it is illegal to carry a firearm, you can own one as long as you are registered, but as far as I know you have to have them locked up in a secure cabinet or keep them at a gun club oh and if you shoot someone such as a burgler then you would probs end up in jail.
So the question is, do you live in a country where firearms are allowed to be carried and if so what are you packing.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 1 month ago #54855 by chasrich
I was a competitor at one time and made it to the nationals three years so I have a variety of guns. For home defense I would grab a 12ga shotgun loaded with bird shot. I seldom pack on the street but when I do it is a 1911 .45ACP. A smaller version of the same gun I used in tactical competition.

In a showdown at high noon I would use the .38 super race gun if for no other reason than to intimidate the other guy. :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago #54861 by Newlintl
Glock 17 or a 1911.

13 years 1 month ago #54876 by Zardoz
Alaska is very liberal in their attitude about carrying. You can attend training on concealment, but you can carry and conceal if you are trained or not. You can carry unconcealed in most places except bars, government buildings. I only own a "bear gun" a .454!

Attachments:
13 years 1 month ago #54892 by Newlintl
The NEW old west.

13 years 1 month ago #54963 by photobod

Zardoz wrote: Alaska is very liberal in their attitude about carrying. You can attend training on concealment, but you can carry and conceal if you are trained or not. You can carry unconcealed in most places except bars, government buildings. I only own a "bear gun" a .454!

That looks like the sort of gun I would like to carry and shoot
:banana: :banana: :banana:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 1 month ago #54969 by bfchris
Chasrich..nice. I too, have a 1911, 2 glock 22's, shotguns, etc.
Been teaching my older boys to shoot w/their .22 rifle.

Cool on the comp. shooting..that's great.

is working your interwebs.
13 years 1 month ago #54976 by wms
While I can carry a weapon I choose not to as the dang things are heavy. That and I have learned the lesson that If I feel the need to be armed I should be elsewhere.

WMS

13 years 1 month ago #55088 by effron
I am a former championship caliber trap shooter, and fair with a handgun also. I live in a state that just revoked its conceal carry law to allow a resident with no felony conviction to pack heat. I'm not always armed, however when I go into the country side alone, Colt, Ruger or Smith & Wesson accompanies me, right by my side. .....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #55109 by photobod
well its off to the USA if i want to pack a gun, but not right now me thinketh.

www.dcimages.org.uk

13 years 1 month ago #55172 by Graflex 4x5
Here in PA (USA) we have the right to open carry in most instances. Otherwise to carry concealed (or in a motor vehicle) we need a license to carry.

For home defense I too have a 12ga pump (and a few AK47's and AR15's) but I load a little differently, 1st 2 rounds are #7 birdshot minishells, the next 3 are OO buck, the last 2 are slugs.

For carry it's usually a Glock 23 in 40 S&W, or a S&W 357 mag. If I really want to make a statement, I'll open carry a S&W 44 mag with cowboy loads.

Around my neck of the woods, New York City attatuides have over run the once country mentality of the area. We're getting drive by shootings, strong arm entries and other violent acts. The police are over worked and under staffed for the area.

The 3 G's that made America great: God, Guns and Guts.

No matter how fast I go, there's always someone slower in front of me.
13 years 1 month ago #55481 by Joves
Well Im in Arizona and we have the choice of either concealing or wearing in the open. I choose open for the most part, since I mostly wear mine in the woods but carry about 90% of the time. I carry the stanrd issue .45 and have the 12 Ga. for home protection which I would use over the .45. Mine is loaded with 00. I have rifles as well which I use for hunting ofcourse when I get drawn. David here in the US the states are very different from each other as far as the gun laws go. but I can travel across the whole country carrying mine if I go east, we have reprocity between states and Az has it with many of them. I cant go into California legally with a firearm but I still do. Woops! Especially true when I go to the LA area to visit family.

13 years 1 month ago #55570 by DestinDave
When seconds count, a cop is just minutes away!

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

13 years 1 month ago #55571 by photobod

DestinDave wrote: When seconds count, a cop is just minutes away!

here in the UK when seconds count the police are eating sandwiches and gossiping in the canteen. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

www.dcimages.org.uk

13 years 1 month ago #56014 by Stealthy Ninja

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024