How do you make a HDR photograph?

13 years 10 months ago #120 by Eddy
Anyone have some easy steps on how to take or make a HDR photograph? I've seen a book that showed HDR photos, but nothing was said on how to take or make the photos.

thanks

Eddy

13 years 10 months ago #162 by Soldier Boy
Here's a good video that explains how HDR images are made

13 years 10 months ago #163 by Soldier Boy
Another cool video on HDR

13 years 10 months ago #164 by Soldier Boy
Here's one with some amazing before and after HDR images

13 years 10 months ago #194 by Lucky One
I just posted this, but will post again here. This is my first attempt at a HDR image using Photomatix:

Attachments:
13 years 10 months ago #769 by Eddy

Lucky One wrote: I just posted this, but will post again here. This is my first attempt at a HDR image using Photomatix:

Awesome!

13 years 10 months ago #770 by Eddy

Soldier Boy wrote: Here's one with some amazing before and after HDR images

Thank you! I'm going to watch all of these now.

13 years 10 months ago #772 by DavidNM
You have to have the appropriate software - there's two out there that I know of. The most popular is Photomatic and there's plug-ins for several major editing software packages. I use Aperture 3 and have a program called 'Hydra' that I use for HDR.

I learned how to do HDR from an online course from Proud Photography. Actually - I have the final photos yet to turn in. I think that if you're fairly competent with your camera and with your editing software you can pickt it up from a video or a written guide.

There's still a lot of practice that needs to go into it - including HDR in B & W photo's.

Attachments:
13 years 10 months ago #781 by JB

DavidNM wrote: You have to have the appropriate software - there's two out there that I know of. The most popular is Photomatic and there's plug-ins for several major editing software packages. I use Aperture 3 and have a program called 'Hydra' that I use for HDR.

I learned how to do HDR from an online course from Proud Photography. Actually - I have the final photos yet to turn in. I think that if you're fairly competent with your camera and with your editing software you can pickt it up from a video or a written guide.

There's still a lot of practice that needs to go into it - including HDR in B & W photo's.

Is that your photo? If so GREAT contrast, I like!

13 years 10 months ago #811 by PMurphy

DavidNM wrote: You have to have the appropriate software - there's two out there that I know of. The most popular is Photomatic and there's plug-ins for several major editing software packages. I use Aperture 3 and have a program called 'Hydra' that I use for HDR.

Beautiful photo ;)

Photo Comments
13 years 10 months ago #824 by DavidNM
Thanks - yep it's mine. Took it with a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle. This is a combination of 7 shots from -3 to +3 exposure. I blended this one in Photomatix and then used a plug-in in Aperture 3 to simulate B & W film.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024