Any advice on this photo…?

6 years 4 months ago #389062 by WalterK
This time of year – being winter – and all the beautiful colors of winter…
Where I saw the last couple of sun-rays fall onto this little bush looking very surreal having a golden brown glow … the fence in the back ground is terrible however…

Do anyone have some advice with a reshoot how to eliminate the fence.
The fence and the bush is practically next to each other…
Dof is therefore not an option??? Or Am I mistaking? (Shooting with a Nikon D3200 and kit lenses.)

I was contemplating getting a shovel and remove the fence but it sounded like to much work!
And in Photoshop it may even be more work?

I did very little post processing... My concern would be the fence at this stage...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #389063 by WalterK

6 years 4 months ago #389070 by JeremyS
Is it possible to change the angle of the shot? In PS you could get away with getting rid of the left half and the top bar of the fence using a healing brush. 

6 years 4 months ago #389072 by WalterK
I was thinking of this .... changing the angle...

It would not be possible by walking around the fence would be in every shot... I was considering to lying down and shoot towards thy sky or at an angle... may getting a blue backdrop...

6 years 4 months ago #389073 by JeremyS
That could work, another method is to get very close to it, you might find something of interest there.

6 years 4 months ago #389129 by IzzieK
Winter where you are? -- Southern Hemisphere? We're hot around here...

6 years 4 months ago #389132 by Hassner
One of those that I just walk past. So many potential great shots have drawbacks in the way.

Izzy, South Africa, Southern tip of Africa. Land of Mandela and the previous World Cup.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: IzzieK

6 years 4 months ago #389135 by WalterK
yes and home to the king of the jungle THE LION and the BIG 5.... and many more....

Thanks Hassner, I will give one more try with a reshoot and aiming upwards...

6 years 4 months ago #389150 by Shadowfixer1
Sometimes a shot is just not there. Keep the idea and look elsewhere.

6 years 4 months ago #389216 by KCook

Takennnn wrote: That could work, another method is to get very close to it, you might find something of interest there.

+1

Make this an exercise in closeup photography.  Instead of trying to get the entire bush in the frame.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterK

6 years 4 months ago #389249 by ubookoo
Try shooting along the fence line and cropping it out of the image. Shooting from under the bush is a great idea keeping the image very tight. Or...get a ladder and shoot down through the bush.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterK

6 years 4 months ago #389323 by WalterK
Got this with a reshoot and a close up...
Shooting along  the fence did not give the desired effect, seeing that the sun's glow was not as visible.

Shooting up was not the best either. 

Got this with a close up... 

6 years 4 months ago #389496 by Hans-Enklaar
I like this much more than the first shot. Now you have to find a pattern or a pleasing composition within what is there. You also have to think about your depth of field. It all goes to make a picture pop out rather the Hmmm. Fences are usually a no no unless they are a feature. I have noticed them (fences) in some nature shots here and I would imagine judges would be very loath to award the photo anything in a nature competition. 
Enjoy your hobbies Hans

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you need some stocking stuffer ideas for your photography friends (or non-photography friends, for that matter...) check out this list of awesome Holdfast products.

Nov 23, 2020

With these holiday promo ideas for photographers, you'll get some solid ideas for boosting business as 2020 comes to a close.

Nov 23, 2020

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020