Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten, St. John

11 years 11 months ago #227386 by lizzys
I went on a cruise with destination points of Grand Turk Island, Puerto Rico, St. Martin/Sint Maarten and St. Thomas Virgin Islands... Wanted to share a few of my favorites.

This was my favorite room on the cruise ship (The Carnival Valor). It was a bar with an outer space type of theme, so it was beautifully lit up!

First stop was Grand Turk of the Turks and Caicos Islands. It was a mostly dreary and rainy day, but we took a taxi up to the historic town, then walked a couple miles until we hit a pretty beach in front of a resort. As the rain passed over, we were graced with a subtle rainbow.

Next stop was Puerto Rico, where we went on a tour of the El Yunque rainforest.

We climbed a tour, which lead to this view. It was another rainy day (to be expected in the rain forest, I guess!), but I really think the low hanging clouds make this a pretty interesting shot.

Next stop: Sint Maarten/St. Martin! I'm not sure of the name of this beach (or if it has a name), but it's a relatively famous beach, thanks to it's location right behind Princess Juliana Airport. And if you're curious as to why it's so famous...

This! Airplanes are landing right over your head! This is a really incredible thing to see in person, very glad to have marked it off the to do list. When larger jets take off, many tourists make an adventure out of standing directly behind them, withstanding the wind and sand from the blast.

Lastly, the boat stopped at St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. However, I'd been there before, so we took a ferry over to St. John for better photo opportunities. This was an overlook of Hawksnest beach.

This is my "postcard" photo of all the ones I took, I believe. It was right after getting off the ferry and arriving at St. John.

We taxi'd over to Trunk Bay, which needless to say, was absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, we were only there for about an hour before it decided to rain again!

[attachment:10]C:\fakepath\575106_504939737631_307000041_25298_188021333_n.jpg[/attachment]
And back to the states, I took this shot from the top deck of the ship, overlooking Miami, FL.

Can't wait to go back! Hope you all enjoy!
11 years 11 months ago #227398 by John37
These are all fantastic pics. I really got a sense of how beautiful it is there. My favorite is the postcard shot. My least favorite is the tilted angle. All nice nonetheless! :thumbsup:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #228869 by Provo
Thanks for sharing these images they are beautiful and bring lots of memories.

Turks & Caicos is amazing. Grand turk is mostly cruise ship stops Providenciales aka Provo like my name
is where all the restaurants, shopping is at.

St. Thomas what can I say love the shopping, Meagans Bay, Coral World, and well it is also
where my wife & I got married in St Thomas @ Bolongo Beach. :thumbsup:

Puerto Rico my birthplace el yunque is a great place to check out. If you ever go back check out the west side.
Rincon Lighthouse, Crash Boat Beach, Aguadilla.

St Maarten it's nice check out the mini zoo they have it's great and the butterfly farm.
I recommend not going topless on the beach I know people do it but unless you don't care having people at random taking pictures myself included LOL im kidding just saying you might end up on youtube or something.
pictures myself included LOL do not take it off

PROVO

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024