30 Days of Tuscany- Day 1- STREETS, ALLEYS & ARCHWAYS

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #290649 by Tuscan Muse
As many of you know, my name is Linda and I am the founder of Tuscan Muse. We host photography workshops and tours that take place in Tuscany. I’m a photography enthusiast myself, which came about from observing photography workshops and falling in love with the craft. I am fairly new as a photographer and my knowledge of post-processing is minimal. I find that the forums on Photography Talk are wonderful teachers.

During the next 30 days I am going to share my love of Tuscany with you each day through photographs. I hope that you enjoy these images and that they give you some idea of why Tuscany is a favorite location of photographers. I welcome your comments, critique and feedback.

Here’s the link to our next photography tour in October- Through a Tuscan Lens, Have Camera Will Travel:
tuscanmuse.com/index.php/workshops-tours/through-a-tuscan-lens

Montalcino

Santa Fiora

San Gimignano

Sovana

Montepulciano

Seggiano

Billboard- Siena

Billboard- Montalcino
10 years 9 months ago #290658 by John Landolfi
:goodpost: Good idea, Linda! But, how about identifying the locations? Just the name? :)

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290673 by Craig Stone

John Landolfi wrote: :goodpost: Good idea, Linda! But, how about identifying the locations? Just the name? :)

:agree:

I would really like to know what I'm looking at here.

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290679 by Tuscan Muse
Sorry John. When I posted the pictures I was expecting the fill in the box thingies on the right side. I've identified the locations. Thanks for taking a look!
10 years 9 months ago #290680 by Tuscan Muse
Craig - the photos all have location tags now. Thanks for looking!
10 years 9 months ago #290697 by John Landolfi

Tuscan Muse wrote: Sorry John. When I posted the pictures I was expecting the fill in the box thingies on the right side. I've identified the locations. Thanks for taking a look!

Some nice shots, Linda. Several seem to have a color cast. How do you set your White Balance? It can be tricky when you have a lot of contrast in the image. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290704 by Tuscan Muse
Hmmm, white balance...... Always set in the middle. I will try adjusting that. Thanks John!
10 years 9 months ago #290718 by Joe Vertz
I really like San Gimignano the most, are those apartments or houses? Details please.

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290743 by Tuscan Muse
Hi Joe,

Those are private apartments. It would be rare to have a home that size within San Gimignano proper.
Thanks for looking!
10 years 9 months ago #290754 by John Landolfi

Tuscan Muse wrote: Hmmm, white balance...... Always set in the middle. I will try adjusting that. Thanks John!

What camera are you using? In the menu, under white Balance, you should find a list of options: Auto, Daylight, Tungsten, Fluorescent Cloudy,... I would try choosing the one that seems most appropriate. I find I shoot a lot with Cloudy... :cheers:

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290761 by Tuscan Muse
Nikon P510 which I know is not a "real" photographer's camera. Going now to check for white balance option. Thanks John!
10 years 9 months ago #290765 by John Landolfi

Tuscan Muse wrote: Nikon P510 which I know is not a "real" photographer's camera. Going now to check for white balance option. Thanks John!

Let us know what you find. It may be time to step up... :)

Photo Comments
10 years 9 months ago #290769 by Tuscan Muse
The auto WB mode automatically changes according to the shooting mode. After choosing the shooting mode, my options end there.
This seems like a good day for online shopping....

Thanks again John.
10 years 9 months ago #290789 by John Landolfi
If you would like a suggestion. look at a D200 on ebay. Still a great camera, and inexpensive now. :cheers:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuscan Muse
6 years 5 months ago #555569 by Rohan Tushar
Good texture and locations. Great set! 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024