In need of camera backpack advice!!!

11 years 10 months ago #236160 by laloggia
Im in search of a good camera back pack. I think. Right now I use a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar home. My equipment is heavy and the shoulder strap across body, is just not cutting it. So Ive been looking for a backpack or possibly some type of belt system.

I need your advice. I have a Canon 6D camera, a 200mm macro, 150-500mm zoom, and a 18-35mm. I also carry a monopod and a few other accessories.

I am into nature photography. Wildlife, flowers, waterfalls, that sort of thing. I am constantly changing lenses on the go. I need something that allows great easy access. Since I do lots of hiking, i figured a backpack would be a great way to bring other necessities like first aid etc.

Ive looked at Mountainsmith and Tenba Shootout. What else might be out there? What do you use?

Thanks in advance!! I appreciate it!!

11 years 10 months ago #236168 by Moe
What sort of budget are you working with?

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #236179 by laloggia
If it works, Im in. I'd spend 300 bucks if it was a great pack that worked well for me. What have you got in mind?

11 years 9 months ago #236865 by JoAnne Muzila
Lowepro Flipside 500 AW :thumbsup:

11 years 7 months ago #250089 by qubit
Most Professionals are getting fstop bags ( fstopgear.com ). You should at leaset visit their website read about their bag system. If you are going to spend 300 on a bag then fstop may be a good one for you.

11 years 7 months ago #250091 by Stealthy Ninja

JoAnne Muzila wrote: Lowepro Flipside 500 AW :thumbsup:

Not exactly "easy access".

Unfortunately backpacks and easy access aren't really two words that often go together.

After following the link above, the f-stop Kenti looks nice for easy access.

I like think tank stuff too. Though they don't have any easy access backpacks anymore. They use to make a product called the "Rotation 360" which was a combo backpack/waist pack but that doesn't seem to be made anymore.
11 years 7 months ago #251772 by Naneu
Most outdoor photographers are looking for the Naneu Adventure K5. Its the best hybrid PRO Hiking pack that carries the camera gear in a removable camera pod, and you have room to carry week worth of camping goods. However, it's back ordered from the factory and version 2 is expected in a few months, as well as smaller version 50L.

www.naneubags.com/products-by-series/adventure/k5

Other one day trip backpacks from Naneu are; MIlitary Ops Alpha, Alpha-L and Adventure K4L.

www.naneubags.com

"Not Just Another Bag"

www.naneubags.com

11 years 7 months ago #251773 by Rob pix4u2
I use a Lowepro 350 AW backpack and it is comfortable and roomy

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 7 months ago #251789 by chasrich

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I use a Lowepro 350 AW backpack and it is comfortable and roomy

:agree: :goodpost:

Lowepro 302 AW - almost the same but also roomy and comfy.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 7 months ago #251815 by PicChic
I have been looking for a new pack, could you please let me know where I could order if I was interested? What is the price of Alpha-L?

Thanks

11 years 5 months ago #260138 by studiotoffa
I use both the Lowepro Vertex 300 AW and the Lowepro DryZone Rover (for lighter loads and when I need to carry extra personal gear). I would say the Vertex 300 AW is great bag if you need to haul the type of lenses you're talking about. Very roomy and excellent harness with lot of adjustment points. Feels great on the back.

Please visit me at Studio Toffa Photography www.studio-toffa.com
img\def

11 years 4 months ago #263116 by Naneu
Hi PicChic,

Sorry for the late reply. Alpha-L retails for $149.99
www.naneubags.com/products-by-series/military-ops/alpha-l

Thanks.

"Not Just Another Bag"

www.naneubags.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024