Classic Cameras

11 years 11 months ago #223264 by Scotty
Canon 5d.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223265 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: Canon 5d.

Oh man yes! I remember the old days of viewing the small inaccurate LCD. But that camera certainly had a charm to it. Really took some nice photos too.
11 years 11 months ago #223266 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Oh man yes! I remember the old days of viewing the small inaccurate LCD. But that camera certainly had a charm to it. Really took some nice photos too.

D3. Changed the way camera's can see in the dark.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223267 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

D3. Changed the way camera's can see in the dark.

Yes the D3 and to a certain extent the D3s, but the D3 was a step up. As far as classic go I feel the D800 will fall into that category too.

For Nikon the D3/D700 and D300 marked a step forward in their high iso noise. Making them catch up to Canon.
11 years 11 months ago #223268 by KCook

missminh wrote: Wow! I love your collection! So classic and so elegant! Are they on display??

I also have a 100 year old folding camera that is sort of on display. But otherwise no, these TLRs are tucked away with the rest of my old gear (I'm a packrat).

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 11 months ago #223394 by John Landolfi
I shoot with my Nikon F2sb's as often as I can- just a pleasure to handle!. I have a Retina ReflexIV, with a complete set of Schneider lenses, from 28mm to 200mm. While a bit "Rube Goldberg" it's fun to use. and the lenses are incredible. I got the whole set on e-bay for less than $200.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223571 by Henry Peach

John Landolfi wrote: I have a Retina ReflexIV, with a complete set of Schneider lenses...

I got a set of several Retinas and a bunch of lenses in my collection. The guy who gave them to me said they were his favorites. When I got them I was still shooting film, but I'd already given up on 35mm, so I've never really used them. I was a big fan of Schneider lenses on my view cameras and enlargers.
11 years 11 months ago #224292 by icepics
MissMinh I liked your photo in the other thread, nice camera and a lovely photo of it. Thanks Kelly for finding this thread, great stuff too John and Matt.

I just got an autographic Kodak that actually has the stylus (although of course they don't make the autographic film anymore). The camera's copyright was 1913 - 26? but it's in beautiful condition, I lucked out to get it in the condition for the price. I found something on how to use 120 film in it (seems a lot of people are figuring out how to adapt different sized film for old cameras).

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #224293 by John Landolfi
Very interesting, Sharon. Would you post some images,a and a bit more details?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024