Classic Cameras

12 years 4 weeks ago #223264 by Scotty
Canon 5d.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #223265 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: Canon 5d.

Oh man yes! I remember the old days of viewing the small inaccurate LCD. But that camera certainly had a charm to it. Really took some nice photos too.
12 years 4 weeks ago #223266 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Oh man yes! I remember the old days of viewing the small inaccurate LCD. But that camera certainly had a charm to it. Really took some nice photos too.

D3. Changed the way camera's can see in the dark.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #223267 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

D3. Changed the way camera's can see in the dark.

Yes the D3 and to a certain extent the D3s, but the D3 was a step up. As far as classic go I feel the D800 will fall into that category too.

For Nikon the D3/D700 and D300 marked a step forward in their high iso noise. Making them catch up to Canon.
12 years 4 weeks ago #223268 by KCook

missminh wrote: Wow! I love your collection! So classic and so elegant! Are they on display??

I also have a 100 year old folding camera that is sort of on display. But otherwise no, these TLRs are tucked away with the rest of my old gear (I'm a packrat).

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 4 weeks ago #223394 by John Landolfi
I shoot with my Nikon F2sb's as often as I can- just a pleasure to handle!. I have a Retina ReflexIV, with a complete set of Schneider lenses, from 28mm to 200mm. While a bit "Rube Goldberg" it's fun to use. and the lenses are incredible. I got the whole set on e-bay for less than $200.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #223571 by Henry Peach

John Landolfi wrote: I have a Retina ReflexIV, with a complete set of Schneider lenses...

I got a set of several Retinas and a bunch of lenses in my collection. The guy who gave them to me said they were his favorites. When I got them I was still shooting film, but I'd already given up on 35mm, so I've never really used them. I was a big fan of Schneider lenses on my view cameras and enlargers.
12 years 3 weeks ago #224292 by icepics
MissMinh I liked your photo in the other thread, nice camera and a lovely photo of it. Thanks Kelly for finding this thread, great stuff too John and Matt.

I just got an autographic Kodak that actually has the stylus (although of course they don't make the autographic film anymore). The camera's copyright was 1913 - 26? but it's in beautiful condition, I lucked out to get it in the condition for the price. I found something on how to use 120 film in it (seems a lot of people are figuring out how to adapt different sized film for old cameras).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #224293 by John Landolfi
Very interesting, Sharon. Would you post some images,a and a bit more details?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024