found out today that the nikon d5000 one is better because it take picture of birds bette

13 years 3 months ago #12425 by luckywish1
found out today that the nikon d5000 one is better because it take pictures of birds betters then the d3100. thought that was kind of weriod too. i was doing research and saw it on a review on it

13 years 3 months ago #12427 by Karl Wertanen
:blink:
how is that?
13 years 3 months ago #12459 by Stealthy Ninja
Mmm I think the AF system is better on the D5000.

Listen carefully... if you really want to take photos of birds I'd get a 2nd hand D300 or D300s. OR for about the same price, get a D7000.

The AF system on the D5000 and D3100 is too slow to track birds. Not impossible, but frustrating.

:)
13 years 3 months ago #12548 by luckywish1
i saw a nikon d5000 for 1,000 dollars on ebay tonight look at this link for me and tell me what you think about it cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D5000-Digital-SLR-Cam...&hash=item1e60ada816

13 years 3 months ago #12628 by crystal
Buy the camera you want to buy.

In the end, it's you the photographer.

Yes, certain cameras track better then others. But you can still take a very good picture of birds with a camera that doesn't track as well as the other cameras.

I currently have a D80 and compare to even the D5000 or D3100 it's tracking probably sucks, but you know what it does the job. I can still take excellent photos tracking birds and other wildlife. It was great with the 70-300mm lens I had. Both my husband and I have realized since we bought the 50-500mm the tracking is off, due to the fact the camera can't handle a lens with that much power (another reason we want to upgrade to the D7000). But, in the end, I can still take photos of birds.

When I had the 70-300mm I was shooting birds left to right without a problem. It also helps the 70-300 is alot lighter on my arms then the 50-500.

The link you posted, isn't a bad price for the package. My Nikon D50 was bought as a package deal on Ebay. Just make sure it is a brand new camera and not a refurbished one. You can get a good refurbished camera and then you can get a bad one. Luck of the draw.
13 years 3 months ago #12718 by luckywish1
i will have my teacher help me find the right camera for me because im stillvery puzzled on which one would be great for me. my husband wants to spend money on a nice camera that will last me years and years of fun. last year my husband buy me a kodak easyshare and we thought it could do everything but we were big time wrong. so this month ed is buying me a nikon d3100 or d5000

13 years 3 months ago #12768 by luckywish1
what i found out today is that the nikon d7000 is the best one if you are going to take pictures of wildlife birds. i talked to nikonusa about the cameras and they told me the best one would be d7000 and the best lens for wildlife would be 78-300mm
with a zoom lens too and the price for the camera at www.nikonusa.com is 1,199,95 and i think i would like this one too. after what i learned about the d3100 they told me that it wouldnt do eagles in a clear picture or a sharp picture. so now i have to find one in a store so i can see what it feel like in my hand. does anyone know where they sell the d7000 at? i dont think walmart has that one

13 years 3 months ago #12770 by luckywish1
the d7000 came out the same time has the d31000 too

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #12782 by Scotty

luckywish1 wrote: what i found out today is that the nikon d7000 is the best one if you are going to take pictures of wildlife birds. i talked to nikonusa about the cameras and they told me the best one would be d7000 and the best lens for wildlife would be 78-300mm
with a zoom lens too and the price for the camera at www.nikonusa.com is 1,199,95 and i think i would like this one too. after what i learned about the d3100 they told me that it wouldnt do eagles in a clear picture or a sharp picture. so now i have to find one in a store so i can see what it feel like in my hand. does anyone know where they sell the d7000 at? i dont think walmart has that one

There's no such lens as a 78-300mm. It's a 70-300. The best lens for birding nikon makes is the Nikkor 600mm f/4 VR.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12802 by luckywish1
it make it pretty interesting that for sure

13 years 3 months ago #12823 by Scotty

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #12960 by luckywish1
thinking about the nikon d3100 and then a other year i will update it to a d7000 gigggles

13 years 3 months ago #12974 by Pops
I've told you, Penny, that that Kodak is a very good camera. If you let it do what it does best, it takes very good pictures. Remember it is not hte camera, it is the photographer taking the picture. :D

we will make the decision a little later which camera we get you. It will be based on what you like and what fits you and your skill level and your needs and your desires. I might not be the most expensive one out there, but it will be a good one.

The camera is a place to store photographs. That is important. The lens is what the camera uses to see. That is more important. The photographer who sees the picture in the photograph is where the importance lies. That is MOST important.

You are getting there. Patience, young lady. :D

Pops

13 years 3 months ago #13024 by luckywish1
yes i know. im just geting more excited you know.

13 years 3 months ago #13589 by crystal

luckywish1 wrote: what i found out today is that the nikon d7000 is the best one if you are going to take pictures of wildlife birds. i talked to nikonusa about the cameras and they told me the best one would be d7000 and the best lens for wildlife would be 78-300mm

Retail stores will not selling the Nikon D7000. Retail stores like walmart or best buy only sell low end entry level cameras. If you want to hold the Nikon D7000, you will have to go to B&H store. Or probably another big camera store.

I've been to the B&H store in NY. Crowded as hell. It was so busy, my husband and I could barely move.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024